Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

March 5, 2017
One of the best movies of the 80's, Ghostbusters delivers humour, action and heart. It's one of my favourite movies and has stood the test of time-even if the CGI is dated.
½ March 4, 2017
The movie is carried by Bill Murray's charisma and practical effects. The other characters just exist to act as foils to Murray. Still enjoyable with some memorable lines and moments.
½ March 3, 2017
Grew up on this movie but never noticed how dry and satanic it was or how many packs of cigarettes they knocked back, definitely more in-depth and geared towards adults than the new girly kids version 31 years in the remaking.
February 26, 2017
Ghostbusters
with thousands of ghost movie produced, Ghostbusters knows how to be original
February 23, 2017
Ghostbusters is really good, it's funny and so much fun and definitely better than the rebooted version
February 16, 2017
Man this movie is just so funny everything in this movie is good but the some of the affect are bad if you look at them right now but still bill mury still has the best line this man has no
February 12, 2017
This movie was a childhood delight for me. I also loved The Real Ghostbusters Cartoon which it spawned.
February 8, 2017
dkrewnkrnwkernk35325123512351235123532523523
dkrewnkrnwkernk3532512351235123512353252352
dkrewnkrnwkernk3532512351235123512353252352
dkrewnkrnwkernk3532512351235123512353252352dkrewnkrnwkernk3532512351235123512353252352
February 7, 2017
"Get her, Ray?"
"Dogs & cats living together"
"Six feet above her covers!"
"Coffee? Yes, have some"
½ February 5, 2017
Oh my god I love this movie so much IT IS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE Of Coarse It's Better then the 2016 Film OH MY GOD GOOD JOB PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS MOVIE OH MY GOSH WELL DONE ??
January 26, 2017
A good comedy, memorable cast, story, special effects, quotes, etc! I actually highly recommend this if you haven't seen it!
December 30, 2016
The film wasn't the classic it made itself out to be. I can see why if you have grown up with this film, it will have a sense of nostalgic, but for a modern day viewer, it was tirelessly slow-paced.
December 30, 2016
It just one of those fun stories that people are able to connect with and laugh. It's funny, entertaining, and rewatchable.
December 28, 2016
Very funny and holds up even now
½ December 28, 2016
"Fire and brimstone, human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together - mass hysteria!"

Ghostbusters has to be the funnest funniest blockbuster. Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray on top form. absolutely iconic 80's sci fi comedy and a joy to watch nearly 15 years on.

"We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!"
December 27, 2016
Ghostbusters has always been a timeless classic and still to this day it's fun to watch and you can always go back to it if you wanted to.
The effects, the acting, the humour, the action and the villains Stay Puft, Zuul and Gozer are really 100% original in comparison to the filmation Ghostbusters that nobody appreciated at all.
Out of all classic movies, it gets my highest rating so far: 5 out of 5
December 24, 2016
Ghostbusters was an original blockbuster. The epitome of Ackroyd-Murray-Ramis (and Moranis) films, it ranks up there with Blues Brothers, Stripes and Caddyshack. Seemingly a little dated by today's standards, this film was a worldwide phenomenon of the '80s. Unfortunately, its sequels' quality deteriorated quickly like so many other original blockbusters such as "Back To The Future", "Jaws", etc.

This movie was built upon a box office winning formula that was repeated throughout the careers of the above-noted actors. Ony Ackroyd and Murray were able to break out of the stereotypes that made them famous, as they became older, as demonstrated in "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Lost In Translation", respectively.
½ December 20, 2016
A reason this original horror comedy is often imitated, but never duplicated is the balance between the amount of both wack-o and realism. Sure, Bill Murray is sarcastic, Aykroyd is peppy, Harold Ramis is nerdy and unwavering, and Ernie Hudson is sensible. But it's the fact that they all seem to work well off each other that works. With these fantastical special effects, you need that chemistry of characters to prevent spectral domination. And not to mention the main villains, who are the real deal, and I mean it. The minor apparitions take a back seat with its subtle mayhem while the big buildup is worth the strange premise and the resulting destruction. No other date with a ghost is worth this satire of spooks!
½ December 20, 2016
Hilarious and spooky??. A movie that will always be a classic!
½ December 13, 2016
Ghostbuster works on a multitude of levels you have 4 four Snl comedians in there prime you have great special effects for the ghost I mean slimer ,state puff are such icon in the ghostbuster universe there's a lot going on in this movie even a romance with one of the ghostbuster you see Ghostbusters didn't need to have ghost to succeed it's the comedians you could of put them in any job and it would still work cause of there chuckle a minute jokes