Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

December 30, 2016
It just one of those fun stories that people are able to connect with and laugh. It's funny, entertaining, and rewatchable.
December 28, 2016
Very funny and holds up even now
½ December 28, 2016
"Fire and brimstone, human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together - mass hysteria!"

Ghostbusters has to be the funnest funniest blockbuster. Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray on top form. absolutely iconic 80's sci fi comedy and a joy to watch nearly 15 years on.

"We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!"
December 27, 2016
Ghostbusters has always been a timeless classic and still to this day it's fun to watch and you can always go back to it if you wanted to.
The effects, the acting, the humour, the action and the villains Stay Puft, Zuul and Gozer are really 100% original in comparison to the filmation Ghostbusters that nobody appreciated at all.
Out of all classic movies, it gets my highest rating so far: 5 out of 5
December 24, 2016
Ghostbusters was an original blockbuster. The epitome of Ackroyd-Murray-Ramis (and Moranis) films, it ranks up there with Blues Brothers, Stripes and Caddyshack. Seemingly a little dated by today's standards, this film was a worldwide phenomenon of the '80s. Unfortunately, its sequels' quality deteriorated quickly like so many other original blockbusters such as "Back To The Future", "Jaws", etc.

This movie was built upon a box office winning formula that was repeated throughout the careers of the above-noted actors. Ony Ackroyd and Murray were able to break out of the stereotypes that made them famous, as they became older, as demonstrated in "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Lost In Translation", respectively.
½ December 20, 2016
A reason this original horror comedy is often imitated, but never duplicated is the balance between the amount of both wack-o and realism. Sure, Bill Murray is sarcastic, Aykroyd is peppy, Harold Ramis is nerdy and unwavering, and Ernie Hudson is sensible. But it's the fact that they all seem to work well off each other that works. With these fantastical special effects, you need that chemistry of characters to prevent spectral domination. And not to mention the main villains, who are the real deal, and I mean it. The minor apparitions take a back seat with its subtle mayhem while the big buildup is worth the strange premise and the resulting destruction. No other date with a ghost is worth this satire of spooks!
½ December 20, 2016
Hilarious and spooky??. A movie that will always be a classic!
½ December 13, 2016
Ghostbuster works on a multitude of levels you have 4 four Snl comedians in there prime you have great special effects for the ghost I mean slimer ,state puff are such icon in the ghostbuster universe there's a lot going on in this movie even a romance with one of the ghostbuster you see Ghostbusters didn't need to have ghost to succeed it's the comedians you could of put them in any job and it would still work cause of there chuckle a minute jokes
November 27, 2016
Ghostbusters mixes humor, action, spooks and even cleverly nerdy writing, into what it could be the 80s most memorable original film, that still holds up today as it did back in the day.
½ November 25, 2016
The first hour of this movie is awful. I pushed myself through it though, and discovered that the rest of the movie is quite enjoyable and humorous.
I would never watch this movie again and would never recommend it to anyone. You should never have to skip an hour of a movie to get to the enjoyable part.
November 24, 2016
Watched this a couple nights ago (broadcast TV version) with the kids.
November 19, 2016
Such a instant classic!
November 15, 2016
Now this is The Real Ghostbusters . And no Queef Jokes win win.
½ November 3, 2016
The special effects are quite dated and some of the deadpan humor falls flat, but of all the films I've seen with a cult classic status, "Ghostbusters" is by far the funniest and most memorable and I'm sure it will remain a favorite amongst Earth's inhabitants for years to come. That being said, the "Ghostbusters" theme song really irritates me.
½ October 31, 2016
A classic that stands the test of time.
October 29, 2016
Might be good, but not funny
October 29, 2016
Because "I ain't fraid of no ghosts".
½ October 26, 2016
Very funny, characters well developed, still A fan after all these years, everyone has wonderful lines, The plot was original, it's hard to touch perfection, and great special effects, better than the remake.
October 26, 2016
The best in the entire franchise!