Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

October 26, 2016
The best in the entire franchise!
October 24, 2016
A fun and original movie with a great themesong. The way Peter Venkman's character pursued Dana Barett bothered me a little, just as the put-down he had in store for Janine Melnitz.
½ October 18, 2016
Awesome. I just re-watched after watching the new movie, and was not disappointed. Fun, fun, fun!
½ October 16, 2016
Before the 2016 reboot that caused huge controversy online, even though it got a Certified Fresh on this website. And yes I also liked the reboot. we had Ghostbusters the male version. For what this movie is worth it's good. Im not going to say it's great. But I still think that it's a good film. It's especially good around Halloween aside from The Conjuring 1 and 2. I didn't like this film though as much as I did as the reboot. But for what it's worth I still think its good. Check it out when you get the chance.
October 15, 2016
This movie is perfect. There's not a thing I would change about it.
½ October 15, 2016
I understand that this is a popular movie, and I can totally see why so many people like it, but personally I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I love the premise. It's the characters that kill it for me. They're all so one dimensional and shallow that I find myself rooting for the ghosts
October 14, 2016
Ghostbusters (original) is why movies are made...When I was little I wanted to be a Ghostbuster, I saw this movie over and over, its amazing, everyone knows it.
½ October 10, 2016
the film is a classic, but as a film, while it was innovative at the time, is overrated in most aspects. A couple of scenes, specially the cheering crowds, and the use of Rick Moranis' character half of the time, are cringe-worthy, as some of the moments by the arrogant Bill Murray character, which after 32 years, I still don't get why is the most beloved character of the series... it's completely unlikeable by any standards.
October 9, 2016
The remake's not going to be fun, just stick to the classic!
½ October 9, 2016
Ghostbusters(1984) - Is a great movie for all generations whether you were born in the 80's or not. The movie definitely has a lot of fun with its cast as well as it's creativity. It can sometimes be a little corny but it thats all part of the fun and it makes Ghostbusters great. The effects are definitely amazing even for a movie that was made in the 80's. It's characters are memorable as well as that catchy song people sing over and over again. The 80's were a time for groundbreaking and memorable movies and ghostbuster is definitely one of them. (A)
½ October 9, 2016
October 7, 2016
Wow it's cheesy and has obviously fake special effects and over-the-top acting. However, even given all of that, it's still a pretty fun film to watch
October 3, 2016
Experiencing this, and Back to the Future the next year, in the theater, changed my life. For the better. Helped show what was possible in the realm of movies.
September 18, 2016
Seen it a couple of times about 30 years ago i think , most of it was forgotten , glad i've seen it again yesterday ! It was special and new in those days ...fun adventure , up to Nr 2 soon ! SOMDVD
September 12, 2016
One of the best movies of all time.
½ September 10, 2016
Un clįsico de los 80, de esos que veo cada cierto tiempo. Eso si, cada vez me va gustando un poco menos. Me voy haciendo mayor.
September 5, 2016
Doing a Ghostbusters marathon
September 2, 2016
A true 80's classic!! Athough watching it today (over 30 years later) it doesn't quite stand up. Still a must-see for anyone!
August 30, 2016
Watched this movie for the first time 25 years ago. Still love every second! As a young girl, I loved the dry humor. I loved, that these grownups weren't perfect and came up with something they could do, that no one else has ever thought about. I loved that they didn't take everything to seriously. But most of all: they were my heroes, that kept the monsters away. I love those movies (yes, even Ghostbusters 2) and always will. Absolute brilliance.
August 29, 2016
This was one of the funniest movies of all time. And though the sequel was decent, The Video Game was absolutely brilliant. I recommend anyone who loved this movie play through both.