Ghosts of the Abyss - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghosts of the Abyss Reviews

½ November 13, 2016
Brilliantly made film with some excellent footage and great technology in use.
January 19, 2016
Some interesting insight into the Titanic wreck, but it's a bit too Hollywood in its production to take as a serious documentary.
½ March 11, 2015
Really pointless didn't see or hear anything new complete waste of time easily could of been made and show at the end of the titanic movie in a 3 minute segment really was not needed
March 5, 2015
Ghosts of The Abyss is an interesting continuation of James Cameron's exploration of the Titanic wreckage. Complete with Bill Paxton, this documentary feels like it would have been better suited as a special feature to compliment the 1997 movie. Although it's a bit lackluster for a feature film, it is a fascinating viewing experience. Many of the shots are breathtaking, especially when superimposed with CGI images of the original ship and passengers. There's a surreal feeling to this film, as the dates of this exploration overlapped with the events of September 11th, 2001. As the crew was focused on this historic tragedy, another one was taking place. I enjoyed this for what it is, but I can't give it a very high rating. Sadly, there's just not a whole lot to it.
½ August 24, 2014
The emotional effects of the tragedy still remains like the wreck, but Cameron's journey to the real setting of his so-called masterpiece managed to be better than "Titanic" (as I expected it to be) because of the amazing (and sometimes somewhat creepy) underwater visuals and adding scenes of the ship's old days, serving as a prequel, sequel and remake. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - Fall 2009)
July 30, 2014
Awesome documentry with everything it offers to the fans and memories of titanic
April 27, 2014
Definitely Worth The 3D Experience. It Is A Good Trip Deep Into The Atlantic Ocean & Resting Place Of This Ship, Which Never Completed It's Maiden Voyage.
January 28, 2014
one of my favorite movie
September 26, 2013
Very well made documentary.
jjnxn
September 7, 2013
Disappointingly full of platitudes.
May 14, 2013
Very interesting film to watch. It's cool and amazing to view the Titanic like that.
½ April 27, 2013
Valla estos críticos si son imbéciles, es un documental, no una pelicula ¬¬ no sean pendejos. MEH! Es interesante la verdad, pero en ciertas partes llega aburrir, ya que aveces en vez de enfocarse en el barco, se pierde el tiempo en otra cosa. Pero es, o bueno fue un buen documental ya que Cameron lo hizo con "Titanic: Los Últimos Misterios"- Discovery Channel (2005) y "Titanic: la Ultima Palabra"- NATGEO (2012). Aun así, la forma en como Bill Paxton y el resto del equipo narran la historia del barco, compensan ciertos fallos. Aunque claro, con los nuevos descubrimientos, el documental ya no estas exacto en la forma de como se muestra el hundimiento del Titanic.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
½ November 3, 2012
A good documentary, certainly for the big screen but not very informative. In IMAX 3D it was quite a sight and though it still packs a punch in 2D it loses something.

I find that on repeat viewings it still carries an emotional edge, if only slight but still something to note. It's certainly worth a watch if only to make up your mind.
½ August 31, 2012
Bastante interesante, me gusto :)
½ August 4, 2012
Very cool documentary about James Cameron's further exploration of the Titanic wreck. I would've liked it to be a little longer. But, the discoveries, and even the drama of failing equipment keeps it fresh. I recommend it, especially if you like "Titanic".
½ June 21, 2012
Cameron is forever associated with the fateful ship, and it was high time he moved on.
½ June 14, 2012
a good tribute to a beautiful ship, the visuals were amazing, i think it could of been better, i wish it lasted longer, i also think it would of been good if they played more music as your seeing imagery of the ship like at the end.
i didn't like parts where it went on about the history because as a person really interested in the titanic, i was being given alot of information i already knew, i can't complain too much but as they have so much more footage they should release more.