Ghoulies II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghoulies II Reviews

½ December 3, 2013
The little green ghouls from the previous film are being pursued by a Catholic priest when they happen upon a failing funhouse carnival attraction. They immediately feel at home and are welcomed by the owner as he uses them to turn his business around. The creatures have a much more central role in this film which give it a different, more fun tone (even when they are killing the carnival-goers). A WASP song plays at one point in the film. I enjoyed this one slightly more than its predecessor.
November 30, 2013
Tacky 80's fun. I am incapable of taking this seriously. And it's just as well, since there isn't much of a story. If you like 80's stuff or c-grade horror, this is going to be right up your alley.
November 11, 2013
It's funny and the parts with the ghoulies are the reason to see it but, there plenty of boring parts and it's also a bad good movie in and of itself.
November 2, 2013
This 1988 horror sequel is a classic! The Ghoulies are now the focus in this film. They took over the amusement park. I did not know there were 2 more sequels.
August 5, 2013
I liked it somewhat better than the first. At least it was more entertaining and didn't get too slow, though it does suffer from some low budget script limitations. The puppets were pretty cheap looking, but they're fun to watch. The characters are alright for the most part. Some parts are silly and dumb. An overall waste of time, but still an alright small-creature feature.
July 23, 2013
I seem to have a soft side for horror movies taking place in a carnival, but Ghoulies II's entertainment value is only passable. Even with it's numerous flaws, I'd pick this over the original Ghoulies any day.
½ June 18, 2013
Not necessarily good, but entertaining and better Ghoulie effects.
May 20, 2013
The Ghoulies put the scare in a floundering spook house at a travelling carnival. The results have one kid raving that it's 'better than Epcot!'. As much humour as scares, such as the Ghoulies taking over the bumper car attraction. The Band production team again enlist WASP for soundtrack assistance.
½ May 17, 2013
They'll Get You In The End Once Again--It's Popcorn & Chuckles!!
March 13, 2013
They dont come out of any toilet in this lame sequel, bring on the College!!
½ March 12, 2013
I like seedy carnival movies and I fond memories of catching this as a kid. I watched this On Demand not too long ago and it is pretty weak but there is still some decent goodness. You have to give appreciation when ghoulies take over a carnival.
January 31, 2013
The operators of a traveling spook house pick up some unlikely hitchhikers when The Ghoulies begin terrorizing carnival goers at their most recent stop! GHOULIES 2 shows a tremendous improvement over the first film, with the increased budget being reflected in the recognizable cast, improved special effects, and larger setting. John Carl Buechler's new Ghoulies are larger, meaner, and much more mobile; they are also free standing, and no longer show the cheapness of the rubber hand puppets used in the original. Several stop-motion animation shots have also been added to give the creatures more validity as they run amok and get in to all sorts of mischief. While the gore has increased as well, the lighter tone creates a kid-friendly atmosphere, while providing enough laughs and kills to entertain the older crowds. The carnival backdrop is a fun and colorful setting, which provides the creatures with plenty of hapless new victims and brightly-lit attractions to dismantle. GHOULIES 2 is the definitive film in the series, and an enjoyable entry for creature and B-movie fans.
January 9, 2013
Better than the first.
October 27, 2012
The Ghoulies end up hiding in a spook house just as the carnival accountant threatens to it shut down and replace it with a female mud wrestling attraction. I liked seeing the Ghoulies purposely break an obnoxious teen's ghetto blaster.
October 7, 2012
Still awful but the titular Ghoulies feature in the film more in the first 10 minutes than they did in the entire first film. This time the Ghoulies show up at a carnival, where it turns out they are great for business, until the murders start that it is...which is vastly superior to the asshole zombie dad in the 80s spooky house affair from the original.
½ September 6, 2012
Even worse than the orginal, why the hell would you make a Ghoulies franchise???!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? How could they even afford it? This sequel is even worse then the original, I mean how could they make a film worse than freaking Ghoulies??!!
½ August 21, 2012
piece of shit second-rate gremlins invade a funhouse. it sucks. hard
½ August 5, 2012
Okay follow up being in a circua and what not. I dig the new flying Ghoulie!!!
July 23, 2012
Scarred me so much when I was younger. Looking back at it, I have no idea why I was scarred! It's so silly.