Ghoulies 3: Ghoulies Go to College - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghoulies 3: Ghoulies Go to College Reviews

½ October 11, 2016
Bad GREMLINS meets REVENGE OF THE NERDS ripoff. Only worth checking out to see Matthew Lillard, Jason Scott Lee, and Eva La Rue early in their careers.
July 8, 2015
The worst of the original trilogy by far. A little bit of the sex factor that the '80s horror slasher's were known for were brought to this entry in the comedy horror supernatural monster slasher series. It's a weird one folks. Still 1 is easily the best. It was more of a college-era coming of age film with some drama and romance and honestly the ghoulies played a very pointless angle. The flying ghoulie from 2 drops off in this entry unfortunately.

What I don't understand about this series is that it seems like they can do whatever they want. I don't know, all their awkward murders were under their own control. I didn't really care for this movie at all. It's heavily censored on TV, if you want to watch it now, see it on Netflix or Amazon.
May 1, 2015
Nothing more than being funny scary, Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go To College may be the better entry of the franchise with a somewhat decent plot and some mediocre visual effects.
½ April 19, 2015
Much better production values than the first two. Better cinematography, better acting, better everything really. The problem is that Ghoulies 3 is very uneven. It does feature death but it's not violent, for the most part the movie seems pretty censored. In fact there is no onscreen blood whatsoever. On the other side of mature content though, explicit nudity and language are featured multiple times throughout the film! It ends of really confusing, almost as if somebody censored the movie partially and then just gave up. This also take some of the fun out of it because, you know, it's supposed to be a horror comedy, not a really bizarre adult flick. That aside the only other noticeable problem is that the Ghoulies talk. I didn't find this funny I found it stupid. Very stupid. On the bright side the characters are like able, the dialog is decent, and the effects aren't any worse than in the others. So its still a lot of fun. 49/100
June 22, 2014
First we got Ghoulies, and no one cared. Then we got Ghoulies II, which was a slight improvement, but nothing to write home about. Finally we got Ghoulies III, a film that not only pokes fun at college life, but also at the movie franchise it is a part of. Though it is by no means a well-made or well-acted film, it sure is a good time. And then, of course, we got Ghoulies IV...
½ June 21, 2014
The ghoulies are transformed from a toilet into little green ghouls when a professor reads from a comic book. The mischievous little devils trash campus, inflaming a war between two fraternities. Super-lowbrow humour; sometimes silly, mostly 2nd rate Porky's-type comedy. Starring Kevin McCarthy, but best part may be Eva La Rue!
March 2, 2014
A College professor who rules with an iron fist confiscates a comic book of a stoner who attends his class, and he inadvertently ends up raising the Ghoulies - hilarity and wacky behaviour ensues! Directed by John Carl Buechler of Troll 'Fame;... pure shite but in the most enjoyable way, still better than Twilight.
½ January 3, 2014
What were they thinking?
½ November 10, 2013
This 1991 movie sequel was trash! The first two movies was really good. However this third sequel was totally different then the first two movies. This movie is more comedy then horror. The 3 little demons are now talking, wearing clothes, eating, drinking beer and acting like the 3 stooges in college!
½ August 5, 2013
Trashy, entertaining, yet really dumb. The Ghoulies talk this time, which makes them more fun let more obnoxious. I was surprised by the number of familiar faces. The film's humor isn't really good, and the effects are cheesy, but the concept is fun.
½ May 7, 2013
I haven't seen the other entries of the Ghoulies series, but I really liked the completely retarded, but absurdly fun third entry. This film feels like a weird mix of Animal House and Three Stooges combined with the Ghoulies franchise, making for a very weird, but very fun horror comedy. I laughed, it gave me gore, it gave me shameless sex and nudity, it gave me college shenanigans - it delivered the goods to say the least. It's dumb as fuck, but being in my nature to love ridiculous B-movies, I enjoyed Ghoulies III. If you enjoy a fun, stupid horror film, be sure to check it out.
½ May 4, 2013
Okay, get it out of your mind that this has anything to do with horror at all, and think of it as more a college comedy with some monsters pulling some pranks.

This may just be the most enjoyable of the four films. I will say the worst thing about the film is the Ghoulies themselves. Since part 2, they have grown a lot taller, learned how to talk and apparently the surviving ones are now trapped in a comic book. The reader of the book lets them out and controls them.

I think the human aspect of this film is what made it so watchable. A lot of crazy good in the cast. McCarthy is hamming it up in a so bad its good way. Then you have early roles from Jason Scott Lee and Matthew Lillard as Frat Brothers. And a nice Kane Hodder cameo to start the film.

And the women are great. Marcia Wallace has a nice little role; her being a very famous voice on The Simpsons. But it was Eva La Rue, who is adorable, and Hope Marie Carlton, who is a total sexpot, that own this movie.
½ January 31, 2013
Glazier College will never be the same after The Ghoulies take over the campus! The creatures are unwittingly summoned by one of the professors during fraternity Prank Week, where they get in to more mischief as they terrorize the students. John Carl Buechler assumes the director's chair for the first time in the series after having designed the puppets since the original. GHOULIES 3 combines the college sex romp comedy with the zany cartoon antics of the Looney Tunes characters, going so far as to give the awful little creatures speech (not to mention their cheesy one-liners). Buechler has further improved upon their design as well for increased mobility and facial articulation. While the film strives to become the next ANIMAL HOUSE or REVENGE OF THE NERDS, the repetitive plot, forgettable characters, and endless amounts of toilet humor cause it to fall desperately short. GHOULIES 3 is just stupid and silly enough to be enjoyable, falling somewhere between the first and second film in terms of overall entertainment value.
½ October 27, 2012
The Ghoulies are summoned by a professor to combat fraternity prank week on campus. College seems to agree with the Ghoulies as they can now speak. I'd watch this again just to see the Ghoulies discover the loaded beer fridge at the frat house.
August 24, 2012
Ghoulies III is better than the original two for two reasons. One, obviously was an up in budget costs which is ironic on how bad the original two were and how much money they lost. And two, because of the more comedic R-Rated format. The Ghoulies saga will still always be known as "one of the worst franchises of the 90's"
½ June 6, 2012
Why on earth is Kevin McCarthy in this bottom of the barrel muck? seriously?
So this time the Ghoulies are trapped within a comicbook (beats me) and as before can be controlled by whoever releases them. So the comic ends up in a college and after many obvious false starts the demons get released.

Cue lots and lots of your typical cliched, predictable, unfunny college nonsense (in typical American style) with, of course, lots of excuses for tits and ass. The tits and ass is perfectly fine in my books hehe but I think the film makers kinda forget this is suppose to be a horror comedy, not 'Porkies' with puppets.

The plot is puerile and involves two college fraternities trying to 'out prank' each other to win a trophy of sorts. This of course equals lots of trouble with teachers and eventually lots of accusations of trouble which has been caused by the ghoulies. Oh and McCarthy as the main teacher tries to control the little demons for himself, gee I wonder why.

Probably the worst and cheapest of the four films with nothing to keep you awake accept for tits and ass. The ghoulies are still decent looking puppets though and there are a few star names in there as beginners, the most fun (what there is of it) is finding them.
March 28, 2012
Wow! Surprisingly enough, Ghoulies Go to College is in my opinion the best of the lot! Now, we need a Ghoulies in Space, and a Ghoulies in the Hood, and perhaps a Ghoulies Take Manhattan and we will be all set!
February 23, 2012
Fun but goofy, the Ghoulies definitely lost cuteness points when they started talking.
February 6, 2012
best movies i ever seen classic
October 29, 2011
A meager improvement in special effects can't overcome silliness and toilet humor. It's at least better than the other two. That's not hard to pull off, however.