G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Reviews

December 31, 2015
Compared to the first movie, 'G.I. Joe : Retaliation' wasn't meet everybody's expectation of a better sequel.. The death of Duke character at the beginning of the movie, and then the change of the leader into Dwayne Johnson wasn't as smooth as they predicted.. Truthfully, I must say that the scene stealer show is (and still from the the first movie) Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow and D.J. Cotrona who made a quite scene stealer performance as Flint.. Overall, I wasn't hope for another sequel of this movie but if Hasbro still want some profit maybe they can make at least another movie of this movie..
½ December 30, 2015
$8.50 the formula is solid and the action makes it work
December 18, 2015
2015-12-18 hubby didn't snooze
December 16, 2015
This are far better than what I expected. It wasn't good by any means but I expected garbage. It's a fun dumb "children's" action movie. But there was a lot that seemed way too intense for a children's movie.
But I'll watch it again when I need some action on in the background.
December 16, 2015
This is much better than "The rise of cobra", but then, anything would've been a vast improvement. I marginally recommend it.
November 27, 2015
Why did the main character immediately die??
½ November 15, 2015
I found this film to be very fun to watch, it's action packed and thrill and twists at every turn, very good special effects too, I give this film a 2 and a half stars rating.
½ November 8, 2015
A slight improvement over that ghastly first one
½ November 4, 2015
Half star for Channing Tatum, minus 3 1/2 stars for his death in the first 30. 1 pity star for Bruce Willis.
½ November 1, 2015
Wow first few minutes was better than the whole "first movie." A lot of fun now this is GIJOE, awesome military battles & NINJAS! This should have been the first movie. <3ed it wished there were more gijoe cameos & more reserve joes to help them out later on the movie. I hope not all the joes were killed. Hoping to see a third installment ASAP with more Gijoes. Yo Joe! 3D was ok but the 3D was not fast enough to fully capture the awesome ninja battles!!
½ October 31, 2015
A series of predictable scenes with substandard acting makes this film terrible. Worst of all they blow up the whole of London in a random 10sec clip and then say nothing more of it. What the heck! We at war with the Gi Joes for their incompetence.
½ October 23, 2015
Entertaining but ultimately shallow and forgettable action fare with quite some star power but only few innovative ideas. Still, fans of the toys should have more fun with this than with the first part. Everyone else can probably just shake their heads at all the stereotypes.
September 22, 2015
Filled with action. Didn't slow down.
September 18, 2015
Much superior to the first, it has better action, better writing, and it's just a better movie! A+
September 11, 2015
I gave this movie a D
September 8, 2015
it was surprisely good much better then the first one
September 1, 2015
it was a lot bigger than the first which was cool and I enjoyed the story not the best but OK
½ August 25, 2015
First of All I wanna Ask where's the Pak Army the world No. 5 Standing Arm Force was not their to save his own country which is Nuclear Power wow what a story Director totally lol about a country
½ August 22, 2015
I thought this movie was good because the action was awesome!
August 21, 2015
With the beginning of the movie starting slow, it blindsides the audience with a shocking twist. The rest of the movie boldly consists of attempting to capture a skilled villain, who would later take the side of the antagonists. A film filled with twists and fight scenes, G.I Joe could b smarter and deeper but is enjoyable nonetheless.