G.I. Joe---The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

G.I. Joe---The Movie Reviews

December 17, 2015
Despite some serious flaws, this is still a very entertaining movie. Had they presented the film with Duke dying instead of "going into a coma", it would have more impact. Another flaw is the portrayal of racism in the character "Big Lob". Then there's the improbability of certain circumstances, such as a new and inexperienced recruit being left in charge of security. Still, the commentary by Buzz Dixon is worth owning the dvd for, and despite the flaws in the film, it's enjoyable to watch.
August 31, 2015
That intro sequence tho!
½ September 23, 2014
Campy, cheesy, and featuring everything else that the show featured GI Joe the movie is a perfect movie for fans of the show, but for no one else unfortunately
September 21, 2014
hey, for all you critics who gave this a rotten, GO MAKE A MOVIE THAT IS BETTER. ONLY THEN WILL I SAY THIS MOVIE STUNK, BECAUSE IF THIS ISNT GOOD, I DONT KNOW WHAT 'A GOOD MOVIE IS!!!!!!!!'
June 18, 2014
Loses a star for that Cobra-La nonsense, but, still a good flick. And most importantly Cobra Commander is voiced by the only man who can do it, Chris Latta.
April 17, 2014
nothing beats the classics. this still ranks as number one in my book.
January 12, 2014
It's an 80s feature length cartoon based off of a toy-line, so you know what to expect. It's fun enough and makes for a good nostalgia trip.
½ August 10, 2013
An itty...bitty...ditty bag
July 18, 2013
A Fun Old Cartoon Flick. G.I. Joe The Movie Is The Conclusion To The TV Series Of The Same Name. Terrorist Organisation Cobra Are At It Again Trying To Take Over The World, This Time They Get Help From A Witch & Try To Resurrect & Finally Manage To Do For The Final Battle. G.I. Joe The Movie Introduces New Characters To The Elite US Army Unit. The Main Character Being Lt. Falcon (Voiced By Don Johnson), Who Must Grow Up Fast To Help WWF Superstar Sgt. Slaughter (Sgt. Slaughter's Rengades) Lead The Rest Of The Elite Special Forces Unit When Duke (Leader From The TV Series) Is Fatally Wounded & Is In A Coma. The Script Is Bad But The Animation Makes Up For The Story's Shortfall, With It's Violent War Scenes Depicted Throughout. A Decent Film Which Is Pretty Violent & Kick-Ass For A Children's Flick & One That's Worth A Watch For Fans Of Classic Cartoons As Well As Cheesy Film Fans.
June 20, 2013
G.I. Joe: The Movie is basically an episode to the TV show except it's overlong, and leaves very little room to go for bigger obstacles or elements.
May 1, 2013
USED TO WATCH THIS WITH MY OLDEST SON
April 6, 2013
I will not be watching this.
March 31, 2013
The pinnacle of my childhood, this get's nothing less than five stars. The last great animated G.I. Joe entry
½ March 17, 2013
"Yo Joe!" Hasbro takes their toy commercial to the big screen; and make no mistake, that's exactly what G.I. Joe: The Movie is...a 90 min. toy commercial. The plot is ridiculously bizarre, a pre-historic civilization living in a section of the Himalayas called Cobra-La joins forces with Cobra in order to launch a biological attack on the world population, and it's up to a rag-tag group of new G.I. Joes to stop them. The film moves extremely fast, making it extraordinarily hard to follow. And all the familiar characters from the television show take a back seat to the new character (so that Hasbro can sell action figures). G.I. Joe: The Movie is commercialism gone awry, and represents all that is soulless and wrong with children's cartoons.
February 6, 2013
And knowing is half the battle!
January 22, 2013
I was a man... once.
½ December 28, 2012
I'm watching this at the moment, so this isn't a full review yet, but so far it's much more true to the show than the new live action movie.
½ December 24, 2012
Flawed but a fun addition to the gi joe lore
December 24, 2012
And this is for the U-S of A!!
December 16, 2012
It was cool when I seen it when I was younger