G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Reviews

November 16, 2016
Amazing movie. Love Channing Tatum. Love the ending.
October 6, 2016
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is exhilarating and action packed! Stephen Sommers directs an all star cast in one of the best movies ever!
September 17, 2016
Another addition to the list of guilty pleasure films I would gladly enjoy watching.
August 27, 2016
Really Good Movie, My Favorite Movie Of The 2000s And One Of My Favorite Movies Of All Time.
August 15, 2016
G.I. Joe was better than what the critics were saying. It serves as another reminder that you shouldn't listen to critics and see the movie for yourself. If you want nonstop action this is the movie for you. It basically is a live version of the cartoon which makes the visuals that had to be done a major feat to be achieved by the film. For me I thought it was a movie that ILM should have done the effects. Digital Domain was the lead visual house with alot of subs pitching in to pull off a visually ambitious movie. Nonstop entertainment. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.
½ August 12, 2016
With horrible CGI and over the top performances, Rise of Cobra ranks right up with some of the worst movies of all time.
½ August 6, 2016
A fun movie with a lot of action, but really nothing else.
½ July 22, 2016
G.I Joe is a terrible movie, but its so terrible that I enjoyed nearly every minute of it. It's one those entertaining bad movies I put with The Room and Dungeons and Dragons as entertainingly bad movies. If you can enjoy it like that or just want a movie to riff on MST3K style, this won't disappoint.
½ July 17, 2016
While I don't think it was that bad, It wasn't that great either. I say it's just average. 7/10.
June 20, 2016
This one was about as mediocre as you could get. The GI Joes are an elite fighting force assembled from forces around the world and face Cobra, a new threat. Channing Tatum is pretty transparent in this one, I feel that his action roles are becoming more and more watered down that he's almost at the "blank stare Paul Walker" character-acting level for these films. The story is decent but the movie as a whole is just okay.
jamrcla
½ June 4, 2016
Very entertaining, Way better than I was expecting, The plot was sometimes a little confusing and they told way too much back story, The effects were good in places and not so good in others, Action wise it was very good, The main scene that sticks out the most was the chase scene in france it was very well done, Overall it's very good a little silly in places but worth watching.
April 10, 2016
Very very bad, so bad you'd think it was directed by Michael Bay or Uwe Boll. Lame, predictable, hole-ridden script. Join-the-dots direction.

Obviously the CGI is great, but that is a given for a modern action movie.

I can't think of crappier movie which contained such a galaxy of stars: Dennis Quaid, Christopher Eccleston, Sienna Miller, Channing Tatum, Rachel Nichols, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marlon Wayans, Jonathan Pryce. Due to the lame plot and direction, none of them are required to extend themselves. In fact, in keeping with the low standard of the movie, it appears that those of them that actually have some acting talent (Dennis Quaid, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt) were told to dumb their performances down. They can do better.

Yet another example of the "don't worry about originality, plot, direction, or acting, CGI is everything" trend in Hollywood. Even sadder than that is that a lot of people were willing to pay good money to see crap like this.
April 2, 2016
Better than the sequel.
½ March 27, 2016
Even for a film about a franchise that was created specifically to sell action figures this manages to be stupid. Even worse, it manages to be boring.
March 26, 2016
I should say in the interest of full disclosure that I have absolutely no connection to this incarnation of G.I. Joe. I was too old to have seen the cartoon when it was on TV, and the only G.I. Joe toys I owned were the ones with the kung-fu grip. That said, I saw some traces of a better movie hiding inside this one. Maybe there were some characters that it was possible to care about. Maybe there was a plot that one could follow. I didn't care though, and I can't really recall any of the plot. All I remember was hours of exhausting, idiotic action that might as well have been a collage of colour, sound and light.
March 18, 2016
Great action movie, I really liked it.
March 9, 2016
It was poorly executed
They could have done so much of a better job in it
½ March 3, 2016
Not bad but preety awful!
½ March 1, 2016
Loud and Action Packed thrills. I think it's a very fun movie that isn't meant to be taken seriously. I think it gets a worse reputation than it deserves. The dialogue and acting isn't very good but it doesn't really matter in a movie like this.
February 8, 2016