G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Reviews

August 6, 2017
Mindless fun. Lots of ridiculous action and explosions. Acting is pretty paper thin with very little characterization and the script lays out the plot at every step. Yet..I still enjoyed it. Lots of silly gadgets and some great fight scenes..and literally everyone's in it. :)
½ July 11, 2017
Yes the writing is absurd, the acting is overall just as silly, and the directing is overconfident and overstuffed, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun watching this movie. The action was a lot of fun, and the plot was just formulaic enough to pass for a genuine G.I. Joe plot.
June 17, 2017
A great, fluent action movie.
½ May 31, 2017
A goofy plot and bad acting define G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra.
½ March 25, 2017
excellent visual effect~
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
looks silly but its GI Joe
½ December 25, 2016
piece of horse dung.
November 16, 2016
Amazing movie. Love Channing Tatum. Love the ending.
October 6, 2016
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is exhilarating and action packed! Stephen Sommers directs an all star cast in one of the best movies ever!
September 17, 2016
Another addition to the list of guilty pleasure films I would gladly enjoy watching.
August 27, 2016
Really Good Movie, My Favorite Movie Of The 2000s And One Of My Favorite Movies Of All Time.
August 15, 2016
G.I. Joe was better than what the critics were saying. It serves as another reminder that you shouldn't listen to critics and see the movie for yourself. If you want nonstop action this is the movie for you. It basically is a live version of the cartoon which makes the visuals that had to be done a major feat to be achieved by the film. For me I thought it was a movie that ILM should have done the effects. Digital Domain was the lead visual house with alot of subs pitching in to pull off a visually ambitious movie. Nonstop entertainment. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.
½ August 12, 2016
With horrible CGI and over the top performances, Rise of Cobra ranks right up with some of the worst movies of all time.
½ August 6, 2016
A fun movie with a lot of action, but really nothing else.
½ July 22, 2016
G.I Joe is a terrible movie, but its so terrible that I enjoyed nearly every minute of it. It's one those entertaining bad movies I put with The Room and Dungeons and Dragons as entertainingly bad movies. If you can enjoy it like that or just want a movie to riff on MST3K style, this won't disappoint.
½ July 17, 2016
While I don't think it was that bad, It wasn't that great either. I say it's just average. 7/10.
June 20, 2016
This one was about as mediocre as you could get. The GI Joes are an elite fighting force assembled from forces around the world and face Cobra, a new threat. Channing Tatum is pretty transparent in this one, I feel that his action roles are becoming more and more watered down that he's almost at the "blank stare Paul Walker" character-acting level for these films. The story is decent but the movie as a whole is just okay.
jamrcla
½ June 4, 2016
Very entertaining, Way better than I was expecting, The plot was sometimes a little confusing and they told way too much back story, The effects were good in places and not so good in others, Action wise it was very good, The main scene that sticks out the most was the chase scene in france it was very well done, Overall it's very good a little silly in places but worth watching.