Gideon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gideon Reviews

Liloh
March 23, 2016

Der Film hat was an sich, mann Macht sich sorgen über das Alt werden? Dann soltte man dieses Film sehen.
Es wird liebe voll von einem Man erzählt, wobei geht es u.a auch über das Alt werden. Gideon ist zu Jung für einen Altersheim, aber er ist geistig zurück geblieben, verstossen von der Tante. Aber bald ändert sich sein Leben und genau so die des anderen als er in das Altersheim ankommt.
Verschiedene Charaktere verköpern verschiedene Menschen in diesem Film, in den Man sich wieder spiegeln kann auch wenn man nicht so alt ist.

A friend said
December 5, 2012
Althought it's cliche & has undeniable resemblence to Being There but it's watchable & has its own good moments
½ November 26, 2012
Charming film that, as one audience reviewer pointed out, is similar to Being There, also one of my favorite movies. It's message of enjoying life to the fullest in the moment is complemented by an outstanding cast,and a very literate script brought to the screen with deft direction. It deserves more notice than it has obviously gotten.
February 1, 2012
This movie is full of the the best cliche's and is predictable. But it's a warm and wonderful movie and surprisingly not that well known. I mean, look at the cast! Charlton 'Moses' Heston -- Carroll 'Archie Bunker' O'Connor -- Christopher 'Highlander/Greystoke/Tarzan' Lambert -- Shirley 'Mrs. Partridge' Jones -- Harvey 'Carol Burnett' Korman -- Shelly Winters, etc. This film NEEDS to be seen as it is an acting tour de force of many who are not with us now. This movie is a wonderful chance to see some old favorites for perhaps their last time - but still in their prime.
August 21, 2011
En söt film om livet på ett ålderdomshem och vilja att leva.
arashxak
August 14, 2008
June 22, 2008
When I was the APOC on this movie, I remember the 2nd A.D. came into the office and complained that Charlton Hestion would not stop farting.
April 2, 2008
beautiful,sad drama with wonderful message within a song in the end
February 4, 2008
Great and sad movie that hardly anybody knows about. Check this one out for sure. Wish they would release it on DVD in the USA. Somebody from Italy said it was already released on DVD but that must be in Europe. I will hope for a USA release some day.
September 23, 2007
muthis karakterler,muthis hikaye,Lambert'ı iskocyalidan sora esas bide bu filmde izleyin çok iyi oyunculuk...
August 24, 2007
EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, Great Casting, Great Characters, Great Storyline, acting was superb. This is a MUST SEE, MUST SEE, MUST SEE!!!!!
Colemann
June 27, 2007

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! There should be more movies like "Gideon". A film that depends on great acting and a great story. It's the characters that make this flim and each actor does an excellent job of bringing them to life.
June 12, 2007
I didn't see this movie
shazach
June 12, 2007
A friend of mine recently gave me the DVD of Gideon and I must say I was very surprised. No, there is no action, no car chases, no special effects. What it does have are wonderful performances and an interesting story. There are so few movies these days that make us think and take stock of our lives. It's nice to find a small film with a simple story, that is well acted.
June 8, 2007

No matter what anyone else states, that this movie is one of the best of each and every person in it, it takes a lot to move me and this movie did just that. It rates up there with I am Sam and Charly (1968) Cliff Robertson.

Christopher Lambert whom many thought could only be Highlander, shows he can be much more...