Gidget Goes to Rome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gidget Goes to Rome Reviews

June 1, 2013
This is the worst Gidget movie. Cindy Carol plays Gidget like she's high on happy pills. I also found the script pretty lacking in intelligence. Beautiful locations is the only reason I gave this movie a full star.
½ February 26, 2013
Nice scenery and clothes, and I'm a sucker for 1963 colour.
½ May 5, 2012
they should have stopped at gidget goes to hawaii. can't they keep the same gidget cast for all the movies besides moondogie?
April 17, 2012
What's wrong with a movie being fun and safe to watch? Enjoyed the light-hearted entertainment and '60's fashions.
May 4, 2011
What a crock and waste of time! The acting was as bad as the rest of this STUPID ATTEMPT at film making. This Gidget belongs on the cutting room floor.
½ September 28, 2010
There's a concept for movies that states that sequels seem to get worse the more they make. Thats not always the case, but in most cases it is. Thats especially true in this case. I loved the first movie, the second was brilliant, but this movie I couldn't even sit all the way through. I had to turn it off and come back to it later. Gidget falling for an older man, and Moondog falling for an older woman just never sat right with me. Again, the switching of the main cast of characters didnt please me either. I wouldn't watch this twice.
½ January 5, 2010
The title of the movie describes most of the plot. Very much what you would expect, basically Gidget does teen stuff in Rome instead of the USA. A bit too silly, with over done subplots and the such.
jjnxn
½ June 23, 2009
Beautiful locations and Jessie Royce Landis is a treat.
½ December 9, 2008
Again, this movie is not as good as the first one. The girl who played Gidget was kind of annoying. I do love James Darren though. He is incredibly handsome especially when he sings!! And the older guy was handsome too.
August 26, 2008
Loved this Movie too
August 25, 2008
Gidge is sorta a drama queen while she travels to Rome and falls for the man well her senior. Moondoggy deserves better..better songs that is.
½ July 23, 2008
Nice scenery and clothes, and I'm a sucker for 1963 colour.
June 4, 2008
Would have been better if they put sandra dee in it
½ June 4, 2008
it was ok. I did not really cae for it.
May 7, 2008
Don't like this gidget as much as the other two, especially Sandra Dee, but still an entertaining movie.
May 3, 2008
very dissapointing and the story was boring.. if Sandra Dee would've been in it and surfing it would've been better
March 5, 2008
Come on.
Gidget is about surfing!!
February 22, 2008
It was better than Gidget goes to Hawaii. A lot more funny.
February 10, 2008
i wish there was some surfing in this one, but it is still good. i love these movies probably more than i should.
½ February 8, 2008
Although not Sandre Dee, and no surfing, Cindy Carol is entertaining enough to give you more of Gidget beyond the poor choice of Deborah Walley. Seeing the beautiful sites doesn't hurt either.