Gigot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gigot Reviews

February 18, 2014
With a stellar performance from Gleason and a gut-wrenching plot, this picture will be sure to leave you crying at the end if you have a soul.
½ February 17, 2014
"Written and directed by Gleason,this film is heartwrenching and funny,poignant and touching.
½ November 20, 2013
A beautiful passion piece from Jackie Gleason that he actually wrote, acted & scored for. The story of this oaf & his unlikely friendship with a prostitutes daughter

Full of charm & the strong filmmaking talent of Gene Kelly this film soars. This is such a likeable film that just simply makes you smile.

Gigot is such an interesting character to watch on screen & his interaction with everyone in his French Town is so innocent & interesting.
August 18, 2010
You can't help but love "The Great One" in this movie!
½ November 11, 2009
this was a movie I remember seeing with my mom and brother, and even at a young age, was moved by this story. Jackie Gleason isn't my favorite celeb, however, he is as gigot! it's a great family flick, old school style!
July 19, 2009
Jackie Gleason gives a heart-wrenching performance as a kind, mute janitor who befriends a little girl in the slums of Paris. Written by Gleason himself as a tribute to his idol, Charlie Chaplin, Gleason was himself so honored when William H. Macy reprised the role of Gigot in a made-for-TV movie called The Wool Cap [2004].
½ July 4, 2009
Great performance from The Great One. A little self indulgent, a vanity project, maybe, but Gleason pulls off the role. Jackie gives great face. Everyone else in the movie, including a poorly used Albert Remy, is best when they react wordlessly to Gleason's mute. Emotional score probably helped tattoo this movie on my brain when I was a kid. I'd own this one.
½ June 20, 2009
Jackie is a mute. This is a great unknown flick. Check it out!

A great unknown movie. Try it and you will like it.
½ March 13, 2009
a heart warming story of a mute and the little girl of a dead prostitute.
December 17, 2008
Jackie Gleason could act and it shows here in the heartwarming story.
September 10, 2008
great little flick back from the '60s, showcasing Gleason's talent as a writer/performer and Kelly's eye for directing.
½ August 12, 2008
"How sweet it is" to watch this movie again!
July 4, 2008
The best of Jackie Gleason in a movie about "ugly" people with good hearts overcoming true evil.
June 30, 2008
I just couldn't help but be sad when I watched this.
½ June 27, 2008
This is a great movie
June 1, 2008
Gleason is great in this.
March 24, 2008

Jackie Gleason plays a deaf mute,who befriends the neglected little daughter of a french prostitute.What an incredible role for Gleason to show his talent for acting-facial expressiveness and body language alone-stellar.
February 17, 2008
Jackie Gleaseon really pours on the charm in this one. Your heart will break then smile with joy in this genius film.
January 28, 2008
Jackie Gleeson is fantastic in this!! Great movie
December 11, 2007
Esta es la pelicula, que me hizo fanatico del cine; la primera que me hizo carcajear y llorar... si alguien la encuentra en DVD, BluRay, HD-DVD, VHS, Beta, Laser Disc, Super8 o en Celuloide... no pierda un segundo en avisarme.