Gilbert Reviews

• Mar 05, 2021

This documentary follows comedian Gilbert Gottfried with a look not only at his professional life but a rare look at his personal life, which he still doesn't seem all that comfortable with. Filled with great clips as well as his interactions with his wife and kids as well as with his sisters. I really enjoyed this documentary, as I always thought he was pretty funny and edgy, but this gives you a whole new perspective on the man behind the mania. Fantastic documentary.

• Dec 22, 2020

Funny, tender, and insightful look at the comedian. (Full disclosure: I think he’s hilarious.) Amazing to realize his entire on stage persona is a finely crafted performance piece.

• Jun 24, 2019

Great He's a generational talent well portrayed

Great He's a generational talent well portrayed

• Sep 15, 2018

A Very touching & intimate look into Gilbert’s life and career. Dara and his children are just delightful. A great watch.

• Jun 18, 2018

Gilbert finally settled down. For one hour and forty goddam minutes. A bit one-note on the family stuff but interesting to see G with the mask *slightly* down.

• Apr 07, 2018

Just a really sweet movie. Gilbert is a deeply social person who has a hard time communicating with people. A peek behind the curtain of his stage persona. Relatable and sweet.

• Feb 12, 2018

This was a lot of fun. 'Gilbert' is the unvarnished behind the scenes look at a very private man, Gilbert Gottfried. He's a completely different person when being interviewed for this documentary, his signature voice subdued, thoughtful. It would seem Gottfried is insecure in his place in the world, but his wife and two kids have given him purpose. This is a must for anyone into stand up comedy, even if you're not a fan of Gottfried. Final Score: 9.8/10

• Feb 09, 2018

Stephen King was right - Gilbert is a national treasure

Stephen King was right - Gilbert is a national treasure

• Jan 06, 2018

The scene with the Nazis was very touching.

The scene with the Nazis was very touching.

• Nov 25, 2017

I will never look at Gilbert the same, I dont know how many documentaries have writers but this is a look at a side of GIlbert he never showed