Girl Most Likely - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Girl Most Likely Reviews

½ December 1, 2016
Imogene (Kristen Wigg) is the lead in this comedy. It starts with Imogen as a young precocious brat rehearsing the Wizard of Oz in which she thinks she can improve on her ending lines as Dorothy. Then cut to twenty years later and Imogen has not done well at all. She writes blurbs for theatre adverts and even for that she can't stop being sarcastic. So she is sacked. Then her boyfriend dumps her as she is too hard work.
Now jobless and homeless she scurries back to gambling addict Mum, Zelda, and her weird brother. It's a suitably comedic dysfunctional family including the very odd Mum boyfriend who declares himself part of the CIA with a propensity for being struck by lightning.
It bounces from one mildy funny scene to another as they seek a non-dead father. It never rises above weak to average though.
½ November 28, 2016
This movie is just such a mess, and there's absolutely nothing beneficial to learn from the movie..
November 27, 2016
This movie was pretty much forgotten even before the end credits started rolling. I can hardly remember what it was about. I just remember not enjoying it.
September 14, 2016
Vexingly unfunny and agonizingly cringeworthy.
May 6, 2016
Very slow and not overly funny. It did have its moments, though.
I liked Annette Benning as the cougar mother and the 90's tribute band bit gave me a laugh.
I could have done without the weird brother and it felt like the movie could happily have been 20 minutes shorter than it was.
Okay to watch, but not a must see by any stretch.
April 2, 2016
Shocked by this low rating. This film was funny, witty and through its humour has some sincere life-lesson messages. It is a fun watch. I love the quirky characters.
½ March 31, 2016
Slow moving story probably for child or adolescent. Kind of well done, but half-heartedly. The characters are kind of well defined but a bit too superficially to grab as real.
½ March 19, 2016
I normally like the self growth/self realization type of movie, but there is not much of either in this film.
March 19, 2016
The Irony Being It Tries To Feed Laughs Out Of It's Quirkiness & Off-Beat Comedy, But Comes To End At An Incredibly Predictable Conclusion. Albeit In A Very Roundabout Manner.
½ March 18, 2016
Why did this film get such bad reviews??? Just as well I threw caution to the wind and watched it anyway... It was good and very funny in parts I love Kirsten Wig she's naturally funny. I wish she was on our screens more than she is
March 14, 2016
Likable for the most part, but goes off-course towards the end.
December 29, 2015
Kristen Wigg and Annette Benning are too good in this for it to not earn a recommendation.
December 21, 2015
A simple story with a few bright spots. Still waiting for Kristen Wiig to step her game up...
December 7, 2015
When life knocks you down, who can you trust to help pick you up? Kristen Wiig all star comedy asks that very same question. She stars as Imogene, a very young playwright who starts to doubt herself when her boyfriend and friends turn their backs on her. With no where to go and no one to turn to, help comes in the most unlikely place of all...her distant mother and brother. The films message of true love and trust gets somewhat lost in the slow pace telling of the story and you wonder if that's due to poor editing or something else. While the movie does have its moments of comedic timing, the overall piece makes you feel numb and bored. Fans of the cast will most likely enjoy the movie, but...enter at your own risk!!!
½ December 1, 2015
Slow at times, followed by sloppy at times (when it wasn't slow), but it provides enough charm. Given the reviews, I was expecting absolute crap. Not so - absolutely.
November 15, 2015
Love kristin wig! Always!
August 12, 2015
Kristen Wiig does her best to balance humour and drama, but Girl Most Likely ultimately comes across as a formulaic dramedy
August 3, 2015
It was funny because Kristen Wiig made it so. It was alright I guess.
½ July 19, 2015
What happens when your life takes a wrong turn from your plan
July 9, 2015
I do not understand those negative critics I just watched it on TV and found this film screenplay and acting very original unique and sharp. Maybe Europeans people will appreciate it more.