Girl, Positive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Girl, Positive Reviews

December 23, 2013
Very informative movie about HIV. Really liked Jennie Garth in this. Definitely recommend.
October 7, 2013
I really liked this film. It makes you think differently about the disease and the people who are impacted by it. This movie is well cast for sure. I think Jennie Garth was my favourite part of the film. She was the voice of reason and despite what her character was facing, she dealt with it and put herself in a position to be a support and comfort to others. I've watched it a couple times and would recommend it to others who are looking for something of the variety. It's a good film for young people to see especially to remind them how real this disease is and how it can affect anyone. It's a very real, well done film.
November 12, 2012
Excellent movie. It was educational, well-acted, and memorable.
September 22, 2012
This is a must see movie dealing with HIV and teens, and it would not hurt for adults to see. Eye-Opening for all,
July 25, 2012
It definetly had a different theme to it!!!
I think that all teens should see this once in their life!!!
I mean, HIV can happen to anyone!!!
Everyone says that "it can't happen to me" but trust me, IT CAN!!! ~* :-)
½ January 3, 2012
Screams made for cable, but I like the way they set it up.
ascordeiro108
December 4, 2011
Educational movie. Every teen should watch this one, it's an eye opener for lots of teens out there, specially in our current society, where teens seem to care less and less about the consequences of their actions and how they can hurt themselves and others.
Out of the ordinary teen movie and an out of the ordinary good one.
½ April 29, 2011
Really good movie about hiv, showing how it is in reality, without focussing on the clichà (C)s. This one would be so perfect to use in scools!
March 28, 2011
i think all teens need to see this. very good story line to it.
March 2, 2011
i liked it

"Rachel (Andrea Bowen), a high school girl, seems to have the life that most people envy: she has a steady boyfriend, some great friends, and a place on the school's soccer team. Preparing for college and separating from her boyfriend are the main worries of this teen, as she lives a carefree life like most girls her age. However, Rachel's world falls apart the day she discovers that Jason (Eric von Detton), a former sexual partner of hers that died an untimely death, was in fact HIV positive and an IV drug user. She immediately goes to an AIDS clinic to get a rapid test, which unfortunately comes back positive. Devastated by the fact that she may actually be infected with the virus, Rachel then confides in her substitute teacher, Sarah (Jennie Garth), who has secretly been living with the disease for years. But both young women are about to find out their secrets will not be kept secret for very long, as word begins to spread throughout their high school and rumors fly, making some of these students realize that they may not be as "clean" as they think they are.
"
August 27, 2010
Good movie about HIV! A few minutes of pleasure can change your life!
June 22, 2010
WANT TO!!!!!...THNXX !!...
March 27, 2010
Good movie about HIV! A few minutes of pleasure can change your life!
March 21, 2010
It definetly had a different theme to it!!!
I think that all teens should see this once in their life!!!
I mean, HIV can happen to anyone!!!
Everyone says that "it can't happen to me" but trust me, IT CAN!!! ~* :-)
December 14, 2009
This movie seem to be made for teens at school. It`s about a teenage girl finding out that she has HIV after having sex with a boy without any protection. It was a good story
August 10, 2009
It was a surprise. I watched this movie without expectations and I think it's a direct and interesting way to inform young people about risks of HIV. A bit predictable maybe but it's a teen movie, don't forget it.
½ July 3, 2009
informative which should be watched as educational material in high schools nationwide.
June 1, 2009
another good movie and it gives a good message to teenagers out there!
May 1, 2009
I saw this movie during winter of 08.And I loved it!Me and my Mom are Lifetime Freaks..It was really Good.2 thumbs up!
April 7, 2009
With the main character's name being Rachel and her doctor's name being Dr. Crane, this movie tends to make me want to switch over to Batman Begins...