Girl Vs. Monster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Girl Vs. Monster Reviews

½ October 5, 2016
Way too short and the actors playing the parents get on your nerves so much
But the real treat of this movie is Olivia Holt discovering she's a monster hunter and has to deal with the fear that has been buried deep inside her
Sooner or later we all have to face the thing we dread most and it'll always be with us in many forms
Katherine Macnamara as Schuyler's rival gets a good amount of screen time too along with a few giggles
The effects are ok, the side characters are just there
The main song is terrific though
Olivia is what makes the viewing worth it
½ January 13, 2016
Not the best Disney TV movie... The effects were bad, it wasn't that interesting either... I don't know, this could be a miss.
October 30, 2015
It's very good and scary
October 8, 2015
Monster hunting was in your mom's blood.

Skylar is a popular girl at school, lead singer of a band, and has a high school hottie boyfriend, what could go wrong? Her high school gets invaded by monsters, her friends get possessed, and she discovers there are monsters hunters in her family history. Skylar jumps into action to save her school.

"I just screamed to be polite. I wanted him to feel good about himself."
"I think you wet your pants."

Stuart Gillard, director of Avalon High, Hatching Pete, Riverworld, Kart Racer, The Initiation of Sarah, The Scream Team, and Taking Liberty, delivers Girl vs. Monster. The storyline and script for this movie was as cheesy as you'd expect from a made by Disney television movie. The acting was suspect and the cast includes Olivia Holt, Kerris Dorsey, Brendan Myer, and Katherine McNarma.

"I'm smart and confident."
"You're stupid and weak."

I recently came across this on Netflix and had to add it to the queue as a good movie for my daughter and I to watch together. She found it fun for the most part and watched it from beginning to end. This is definitely a below average addition to the genre and only worth watching if nothing else is on.

"You know what I learned about fear? When you run away from it, it just gets worse."

Grade: C-
½ October 6, 2015
Cleaver... slept thru some of it... cheesy "special effects"... and an abrupt ending.
October 5, 2015
Great Disney channel movie!
August 30, 2015
Can you please put this on dvd?
½ November 10, 2014
This was a good halloween movie and I love Olivia Holt
October 24, 2014
This is what the Disney channel is coming to? They should really just think of making another Halloween Town movie. Honestly! The writing was horrible, the Songs pretty much told the story but at least they didn't totally suck.
½ August 5, 2014
(First and only viewing - 12/5/2013)
June 22, 2014
I love it best eves #monster
March 27, 2014
really interesting movie
October 26, 2013
we loved it! the songs are catchy and my kids love to sing along.
½ September 16, 2013
So many DCOM's, so little time. Holt is starting to break out in Disney, but this movie with a ridiculous storyline showed why Disney Channel movies should not be made.
½ August 21, 2013
Disney has brought a lot of intertainment but over confidence for this movie which brought Disney so far out.
½ July 6, 2013
Fun & there is a good lesson to be learned about facing your fears. The boys enjoyed the movie. I recommend it for a family movie night.
July 1, 2013
I loved it so cool Bryan =Luke benward is so cute, and Skylar and Bryan is cute as a couple:-) :-)
April 28, 2013
this a really good movie i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!
April 27, 2013
The way I see it, you're never too old for a Disney movie. Unfortunately this is by no means one of the better ones I've seen. The music is catchy and cute, but the plot is seriously weak, even by made-for-TV standards. Definitely not something I'll remember for long.
½ December 11, 2012
A fun Disney Channel Origanal Movie. It has a predictable story that we have seen to many times. But it did have good acting and cool special effects and awesome stunts.