Girls Against Boys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Girls Against Boys Reviews

October 24, 2016
I don't know... maybe it's because I grew up in Los Angeles... Hollywood... but this film.... have I just seen things the sheltered public haven't? Have I lived in an age where fantasy meets reality as opposed to fantasy only lives on a screen? Perhaps... I grew up during a time when there was no main fantasy based outlet like the Internet or digital media.... Impulses were directed in reality and the games of sex and power reigned supreme in reality. It was with that experience that this film, together with it's SPOT ON musical score, really pushed an envelope that 90% of the public since the year 2000 are just so uncomfortable with or pussy whipped against understanding that the fallout usually is ratings on Rotten Tomatoes ends up in the gutter....

You see, 50% of RT rated movies that are rated as low as this are because the people watching it are unable to get it. It's not MTV, Kardashian, fucking bullshit enough to make them comfortable in their life bubble.... It steps into reality and BOOM... they can't handle....

This film IS rooted in reality and fantasy but requires an IQ in the triple digits to follow. Without that, you're rating this low. With it, you appreciate the ride in a world of such shitty films.

Just sit back and enjoy... for tomorrow you may die....
½ June 29, 2016
NOT the rape-revenge film it appears to be at first. Well made psychological thriller/drama masquerading as a rape-revenge flick.
March 25, 2016
Girls Against Boys is pretty much exactly what you'd expect.
½ October 25, 2015
"Girls Against Boys" was not as good as I thought it would be. It wasn't horrible..I just expected more from this film.
July 22, 2015
Unnecessarily vicious with a weak open ended conclusion.
April 2, 2015
I thought this would be a better slasher like more slashing! I do like the story flows nicely and the acting weren't too bad. Not really sure if the title really is boys against girls but overall watchable.
Harlequin68
½ September 18, 2014
In "Girls against Boys," college student Shae(Danielle Panabaker) is dumped by her older boyfriend Terry(Andrew Howard) when he returns to his wife. It is little consolation when he tells her that there are plenty of guys her age out there and plenty of anger when she finds out he also has a daughter. In order to cheer her up, her co-worker of two weeks, Lu(Nicole LaLiberte), takes her clubbing and drinking. But when Simon(Michael Stahl-David) takes Shae back to her place, he ends up brutally raping her.

"Girls against Boys" may have decent cinematography and a talented lead actress in Danielle Panabaker. But there is no disguising this run of the mill exploitation movie, and one that takes forever to get started, too. That's not to mention the lack of three dimensional characterization, especially regarding a lead character who comes off as feckless more than anything else, even with her travails. And as little a fan as I am of the police, it is hard to buy them as insensitive and incompetent as they are depicted here, especially once the bodies stop dropping.
September 12, 2014
A totally nihilistic, misandrystic (look it up) sadistic film that only has one thing going for it; the divinely hot Nicole LaLiberte. Nicole, call me. I'll bring the handcuffs.
½ July 5, 2014
I have to agree with all the Rotten Reviews here. Just simply boring and not good.
½ June 19, 2014
Despite the stupid title and the bad reviews... i think it was worthy to give it a try .
June 4, 2014
Nice to look at but ultimately pointless.
½ May 2, 2014
The production value on this was the highlight of this film and it gets an extra half star for the only character in the story making it fun when she was on screen. she was also the one they should have gotten more into because I found her more interesting then the typical girl they made the story about.
The pacing was bad throughout. it took a while to get into the swing of the movie and then like an out of shape runner came back to a very slow pace.
I've seen worse movies but it's not a recommendation on my part.
March 17, 2014
Mishandled psychological thriller. The advertising would have you believe that this was a bloody grindhouse homage but it's actually [an attempt] at something deeper. The score is decent and the cinematography is ok but the story is sleepy and unbalanced; uneasily treading between black comedy and dramatic social statement.
March 14, 2014
Certainly not the worst I have seen lately. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed it. Well acted, good script. Could have done without so much sloooow Mo stuff but all in all a pretty entertaining 85 minutes. A few changes here and there and this could have been really good. Ken K.
December 17, 2013
Well I didn't feel the urge to press stop at anytime. Started of slow but I eventually realized it was purposeful and necessary to take a long "Magic School Bus" ride into this broad's mind to get into her state of being. Don't want to watch it again but I'm not regretting to have seen it once.
½ October 25, 2013
suuuuuuccckkkkeeddd!
October 21, 2013
A well done indie thriller. Well worth a watch.
½ August 25, 2013
The music is horrible in this movie. Scenes drag on too long and half of the movie makes no sense! The acting is good though.
August 24, 2013
Very solid little horror indie. Strong cinematography, weak special effects.
August 1, 2013
A weak movie in the "horror-revenge" genre. I enjoyed the acting the two female actresses. The supporting lead Laliberte does an amazing job in portraying one crazy chick. The plot, however left much to be desired, and the deaths (other than the garage scene) are too simple and unimaginative. The film started out with good potential and then fell on its own sword.