Girls Gone Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Girls Gone Dead Reviews

½ August 26, 2015
Holy shit, what a stinker. I wasn't amused by the jokes, and aside from noting that there's a one guy from a YouTube channel playing a guy trying to pick up a bar skank, there's nothing that I recall about this dumb thing.

Pass.
May 21, 2015
You get what you expect judging from the cover but this could have actually been good with some refinements of the script.
July 27, 2014
worst movie ever...well only made it through 2 min. of this garbage...just the sight of ron queeremy tested my reflexes on how fast I could pull out.
July 17, 2014
Right off the bat, any movie featuring Ron Jeremy, Jerry "The King" Lawler, and Beetlejuice has a pedigree of talent unmatched by any other film. Of course this is nothing more then your basic C-Movie slasher with a healthy dose of T & A and some bad special effects. Anytone who's ever seen a movie will know who the "killers" are before you're even 10 minutes into the movie.
½ January 22, 2014
The film crew knows how to expose an image, and edit competently but what is on screen is just unwatchable!
½ October 19, 2013
After the first two minutes you want every character in the film to die. After the first 5 minutes you want them all to die as soon as possible. Sadly, "Girls Gone Dead" is not a short... it's a sluggish feature that wears out its welcome extremely quick. Don't watch it.
September 17, 2013
This was a really bad slasher flick with a Scream 2 kind of ending that isn't overly surprising.
Though there is some nudity, we don't get to see the lead, Katie Peterson, who is probably the most attractive looking, naked at all.
The effects were terrible, the acting was lame and it had Beetlejuice in it.
½ September 2, 2013
campy horror spoof of the girls gone wild franchise with cameos by Ron Jeremy, Betlejuice from Howard Stern show and Jerry "the King " Lawler as the local sherif
½ July 25, 2013
Absolutely terrible!!! Acting was awful, the girls weren't even pretty... Low budget trashy film, avoid!
July 21, 2013
Girls Gone Dead (Michael Hoffman and Aaron T. Wells, 2012)

I will give you this right up front: given the title Girls Gone Dead, if you go into this movie expecting something that looks like it came out of Yasujiro Ozu's camera, let's face it, you're dumber than this movie. I try to take things on their own merits, but even when you go into a movie expecting pulp cheesiness, there is good pulp cheesiness and bad pulp cheesiness. Interesting recent examples of the former? Strippers vs. Werewolves (and let's be honest, that's an even worse title than Girls Gone Dead), Gutterballs, and Zombies of Mass Destruction have all come out within the past five years, are all stupidly funny, and when you've finished with them, you may find yourself needing to take a shower, but you won't feel like you've wasted your time. Here, on the other hand... well, given how much I pay for Netflix and how many movies I watch per month, Girls Gone Dead probably cost me in the vicinity of seventeen cents to watch. I'm not going to demand my money back on this one (like I would on, say, Hellraiser: Revelations or Fading of the Cries), but it's a pretty close call.

Plot: the usual batch of young-and-beautifuls (a cheerleading team!) are on spring break at Rebecca (Step Up: Revolution's Katie Peterson)'s father's summer house. Which, it turns out, is a pretty fur piece from the actual beach, but the kids are not going to let that stop them from attempting to have fun partying it up at the local bar, which is terrifying and provides the movie's only true laughs. They also discover that Crazy Girls Unlimited, who are responsible for a very lucrative series of videos featuring topless drunk Spring Break babes (sound familiar?), are filming in close-by Daytona Beach...or were, until a crazed killer broke the party up in a very nasty way. The killer, his thirst for blood whetted, and the co-eds are on the inevitable collision course...

People have been trying to do slasher comedies as long as there have been slasher movies; Student Bodies popped up all the way back in 1981 (and it may still be the best of the lot). Almost all of them are unforgivably bad. And so, looked at in that light, maybe Girls Gone Dead isn't as bottom-of-the-barrel as I originally painted it. If you're familiar with enough movies of this stripe to be able to evaluate this one in the context it so desperately needs, you'll be able to see some of the movie for being as fun as it is. But is it really worth the trouble, given that you probably figured out who the killer is about five minutes after the character was introduced and there's nothing even remotely unpredictable about this flick? Probably not, but if you have absolutely nothing else to do on a Friday night... **
½ July 20, 2013
Really bad. Terrible acting and script.
June 14, 2013
Awesome movie its really rated pg-13Because its nasty but funnyy an hilarious so u realy neeeeeeeeddddddd to watch this movie like foreal :) :) :) :) :)
DrStrangeblog
½ June 7, 2013
Terrible, terrible, terrible from stem to stern with inept blood effects that range from chocolate syrup to spaghetti sauce. The kind of slasher movie (note I did not say horror movie because there is not one figment of horror to be found) with worthless, irritating characters that you can't wait to see get killed off. There is one exception, Caley Hayes as birdbrained Kelly might have an acting career worth salvaging.

When Ron Jeremy's piano playing during the end credits represents the entertainment high point, that's a surefire sign your movie is shit.
½ May 19, 2013
Yes, this is the worst movie I have ever seen.
½ May 9, 2013
In the Netflix comedy section. It wasn't funny at all. More cheaply done slasher horror than anything else.
½ February 18, 2013
Downloaded this from iTunes.. was waiting forever for the release. I was let down a bit, however.. Beetle, Sal, and Jerry Lawler made it worth while.
February 1, 2013
A bunch of hot chicks getting murdered. It is better than you'd think.
January 31, 2013
The movie is about under-age adults partying, and stuff, until a monk with a war-hammer decides to kill them for a religious thing from worshiping God. This movie was pretty fun to watch, sure the acting is not that good, but like I said, in slasher movies, when you're playing as person that gets killed, you don't have to act, only the killer has to act the role, and I got to say, the killer was a pretty intense killer. The film is really entertaining to watch, the script was good, the plot was okay, but it's still a fun movie to watch, oh if one of you are Christians, you may not want to watch this movie, because the Christians in this movie are insane, and the movie sometimes makes fun of them, so yeah if you are Christians, you might get offended by this movie, but if you love fun slasher movies, this is the movie for you.
December 21, 2012
Although the gore scenes were cheesy, the plot actually had me interested throughout the film...not bad really