Give Up Tomorrow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Give Up Tomorrow Reviews

January 10, 2016
An unbelievable and revolting real story about an absurdly horrendous injustice suffered by a young man who has been trying to win a fight for over fifteen years now against powerful people who wanted to see him executed despite every indisputable evidence of his innocence.
March 20, 2015
Watched on Netflix, haven't been this shocked from a documentary for a while, I'm speechless. I think everyone should take their time to watch it.
February 8, 2015
Not long before your shaking you're head in how is this allowed to happen mode
January 28, 2014
This is a story of an unjust system, looking only to protect its own neck. This is the outrage of onlookers and commentators who cannot stand the ridiculous logic behind taking a man's life away when he did not commit any wrong. Most of all, this is one young man's brave fight to show the world that he can be beaten down, but not beaten. The story is reminiscent of Mumia Abu Jamal's own plight, except the circumstances of Paco's innocence are more blatant and apparent.
April 22, 2013
The documentary is so convincing but more than that, this shows the flawed judicial system in the Philippines.
½ December 9, 2012
The movie offers an in-depth look at how the Philippine justice system handles a high profile case, highlighting the influence of public opinion, the media, and covert government & police connections.

It's a provocative story that tests the limits of due process, and the principle that people are "innocent until proven guilty."

A persuasive compilation of evidence and testimonies that might garner enough support for the government to reconsider the case.
½ November 13, 2012
I was just 8 years old when the crime happened -- very clueless at that time. This documentary convinced me that Paco Larra√Īaga is indeed innocent. I am a Filipino but this documentary clearly shows the rotten state of our justice system then.
½ October 12, 2012
Stirring docu about the Philippine justice system, but its intentions are a little fishy.
October 7, 2012
This is a documentary made in the tradition of "The Thin Blue Line" and "Paradise Lost." It's about the miscarriage of justice, only this time it hits close to home for me. It tells the story of a young man (and 6 others) who were convicted of the brutal murder and rape of two young women but this guy could not have possibly committed it since the murders happened in Cebu and he was clearly seen in Manila, the capital city in a whole other island, by 40+ witnesses.. An eye-opening look into the justice system of my country. I always knew that there's lots of corruption and disgusting things happening in our government but I had no idea it was THIS bad. It's disturbing, infuriating and heartbreaking.
October 3, 2012
I am not familiar about the whole (mis)Trial of the Century regarding Paco LarraŮaga and I think this one is not just about his guilt or innocence, it's about the corrupt government system that went as high as the president to manipulate justice. So sad that it happened in our country, well made and probably the best documentary that I saw.
½ October 2, 2012
A shameful and embarrassing exposé about a corrupt justice system . A must see.
September 29, 2012
A TRUE STORY! I know. Three of my daughters were with this innocent man in Manila when the crime he was convicted of happened in another island 350 kms away.
½ March 28, 2012
By far the greatest miscarriage of justice I have heard of in any country even approximating a democracy. A man in the Philippines is falsely accused and convicted of a crime that he not only did not commit, but was absolutely impossible for him to commit. Not only did he have dozens of witnesses, photographs, two proctored exams, and a security guard's sign-in sheet proving he was in Manila and therefore 320 miles away from the crime in Cebu, the prosecution had no motive, physical evidence, and may have even misidentified the body. After he was imprisoned for over a year the police present testimony from a career criminal that was extracted under torture and with total immunity and a cash payment. The judge, among other things, not only denied defense attorneys the ability to cross-examine the witness but imprisoned them all for contempt. When the life sentence was appealed to the Supreme Court, the only miscarriage of justice they could find was that he did not receive the death penalty, which they immediately remedied by imposing. An absolutely astounding combination of corruption and incompetence.
March 2, 2012
Very well made and really plasters you infront of the TV whether you like it or not. A Interesting story about the injustice of the world that's right infront of our eyes. It could happen to everybody...but most likely if you're a rich guy in the philippines. But still...pretty pretty...pretty dangerous.
January 29, 2012
En av dom bästa dokumentärerna jag sett. Tragisk historia om en oskyldigt dömd man för mord. Filippinerna är ett sjukt korrumperat land. Med ett rättssystem som är åt helvete.
October 11, 2011