Glass Chin Reviews

• Feb 19, 2018

Co-Written and directed by Noah Buschel starring Corey Stoll as Bud also called "The Saint" who used to be a renown boxer and is now struggling to stay afloat. Once he agrees to get back on his feet again by training another boxer, Kid Sunshine, (Malcolm Xavier), Bud then gets himself involved with an old former sleazeball acquaintance, J. J. (Billy Crudup) with his paid goon, Roberto (Yul Vasquez).

• Oct 25, 2016

A half hour in and I felt like I've had enough. There's nothing to captivate or intrigue about all the dialogue and slow paced scenes. Glass Chin was mostly an annoying waste of time.

• Jul 07, 2016

I mean, I just can't get enough of this director. He's incredible. Every performance in this whole film is out of this world. I thought Corey Stoll was so so. But this movie is so fun to watch.

• May 24, 2016

Loved the camerawork. Some frames we are shown everything, others nothing. Menacing atmosphere beneath peaceful surface. Threat of violence is constantly there but - unusual for a boxing/criminal world setting - it only happens off screen. Actors top rate. SPOILER When I talk about "framing" ,it is very important in this movie (lol).

• Apr 18, 2016

Has the vibes of a boxing movie the punch of a Disney movie

Has the vibes of a boxing movie the punch of a Disney movie

• Jan 16, 2016

Just finished watching this on DVD and it was a waste of time. Honestly, I fast forwarded through the last 1/3 of the movie because it was a bit slow and the buildup to the anticlimactic end was a disappointment. Not recommended.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jan 07, 2016

Really great film, like a novel playing out right in front of you. Stoll is one the most underrated actors around and deserves many more roles like this, you only have to watch House of Cards season 1 and homeland season 4 first episode to see the scope of his talent. I can't recommend this highly enough, the story and dialogue take center stage unlike other dramas. The camera work is minimal at best which is a great thing.

• Oct 24, 2015

A movie with some stylistic choices that left me scratching my head, but I loved it despite it all.

• Aug 13, 2015

Doesn't grab the viewer and as a result the ending is devoid of emotion.

Doesn't grab the viewer and as a result the ending is devoid of emotion.

• Aug 07, 2015

Excellent film making. Classic example of the unknown gem with stellar cast and writing. Gorgeous backdrops of NYC.