Glen and Randa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Glen and Randa Reviews

½ October 7, 2013
They can't cook but they can read? Oh well, it was interesting! Trees grow from cars and Metropolis is on the other side of the ocean...
½ October 6, 2013
This movie is about retarded cave men in the future. Glen and Randa make the kids from Blue Lagoon look like geniuses.
July 24, 2013
National Geographic's The Road. Nuff said.
½ September 2, 2012
One of the most realistic portrayals of the post-apocalypse one is likely to ever see. The next-to-nothing budget only adds to the reality of two teenagers wandering lost in a human landscape on the verge of extinction. If you're a sci/fi fan, seek it out.
May 26, 2012
A slight sad post-apocalyptic story of 2 kids wandering a vast waste land looking for the lost city of Metropolis - Glen saw in a ragged comic book. Of course they never find it and along the way we're privy to watch humanity's last gasp. Made for about a dollar and well worth a look.
½ November 8, 2008
Rated X when it was released, this movie is very very odd. It is paced more like a documentary than a drama at times. A very dystopian vision of the future, it still holds up, but just barely. The end leaves you scratching your head and saying "What just happened here?"
August 19, 2007
Ugh. This film fails on all levels. It has an interesting premise for a film, but fails to tell a cohesive story. Basically, a bunch of short fade out scenes are thrown together to tell the story of two teens in a post apocalyptic world. There are only two main characters, but they have the charachter development and acting ability of barbie dolls. We don't care much about them, nor do we care about the world around them. most scenes seem to be there for the sole purpose of using film, and the scenic shots are either too long or come at the wrong time. Instead of bringing us into the lives of two people, it alienates us on all levels. When the movie ends, we feel nothing.
'Glen and Randa' was obviously going for a thought-provoking saga, a message for the times, perhaps. ANd in some ways, I can get what the movie is saying. Still, Whatever this film was trying to say, it failed. The only thought going through my head by the film's end was "Well, there's an hour and a half I'll never get back".
July 3, 2007
Little known post-apocalyptic survival story from Jim McBride. Low budget but beautifully effective. Must see for Sci-fi fans!