Glorious 39 Reviews

• Feb 23, 2018

Didnt get it just really badly edited with nonsensical scence changes.....best thing about it was logging in to rotten tomatoes during the last 20 minutes and reading the hillarious reviews. I will be logging in again before clicking watch on our next amazon prime film night!

• Jul 30, 2017

I would rather have stuck pins in my eyes for 2 hours than have watched that movie. An absolutely pretentious waste of time. I cannot believe a script this ridiculous made it to the box office. Nothing made sense, and not in a cool/edgy way but in a way that made me think the director/screen writer put no effort in at all. This movie alienates the audience by treating us like idiots who should just be happy with seeing pretty scenes regardless of them going no where. Pointless.

• Apr 24, 2016

A pre-WWII suspense thriller with little suspense and not much to say for itself. Considering the cast involved it's a rather disappointing effort from the BBC.

• Dec 21, 2013

I got lost somewhere inside this conspiracy, but nontheless the movie is thrilling and absorbing.

• Oct 12, 2013

With such promise the film delivers nothing if anything. As the film reaches its climax your left with one abiding question? If it meant enough to keep her locked up for so long, why left her disappear without trying to stop her? From a political and legal point of view it doesn't make sense why so many characters can be bumped off in pure murder scenarios without the pro-interventionist factions within Parliament or the intelligence services catching on. The touches of the Phoney War period make the film stand out but apart Romola Garai and Bill Nighy's performances this film is rather poor.

• Sep 07, 2013

Imponerende cast anført af Bill Nighy og Julie Christie med en vidunderlig Romola Garai i hovedrollen, og Poliakoffs historie rummer god suspense, men forstyrres af en ulogisk slutning og grimme plothuller undervejs.

• Aug 13, 2013

Quite a promising start as a political thriller but then goes completely loopy for AGES and AGES. Kind of a hoot but not intentionally.

• Jan 26, 2013

A bit long-winded, as it took more than 60 minutes before the story plot starts to the point. Nonetheless, "Glorious 39" does have its dramatic events.

• Jan 09, 2013

Interesting out look for pro-appeasement movement, it certainly makes you wonder.

• Dec 05, 2012

Fine cast in a muddled misfire.

Fine cast in a muddled misfire.