Glow Ropes: The Rise and Fall of a Bar Mitzvah Emcee - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Glow Ropes: The Rise and Fall of a Bar Mitzvah Emcee Reviews

½ May 13, 2014
The WORST movie EVER made. Iatching it, fought the urge to blow up my television, and my roomate who forced me to watch it. 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
½ May 13, 2014
4.5/10. I was generally a little bored with this film. I did not find the characters appealing and found it hard to stay interested in the film. It's occasionally amusing, but there is not enough good dialogue to make the film worth watching.
½ December 23, 2008
While I give this movie props for some funny scenes, overall it was a disappointment. I was bored halfway through the film and most of the acting was too over-the-top to be believable. At first, the joke of people taking Bar Mitzvah parties too seriously was fun, but it got old very quickly.
January 26, 2008
Extremely fun, original topic. Tim Peper (ahem, D-E '99) and Judy Reyes deliver excellent performances. This film speaks to anyone who has ever rolled their eyes at a bar mitzvah emcee or an overexcited bar mitzvah parent.
½ December 5, 2007
This could have been really funny. There are tons of jokes to be made at the expense of people who are exclusively Bar Mitzvah DJs/Emcees. Skip this one.
December 3, 2007
I had to stop it like almost halfway through, the previews made it seem funnier then it really was.
½ August 6, 2007
The music and film editing are energetic enough to keep most entertained the entie way through. The concept behind the movie is rather absurd.
August 2, 2007
THIS MOVIE WAS SO AMAZING THE BEST LAUGH IVE HAD IN A LOOOONG TIME
½ July 23, 2007
Hilarious! My friend and I rented it when she saw it on the rack. The cover and title sold us on what we would suspect be the stupidest movie. So stupid, it was hysterical.
July 5, 2007
the concept for this movie is hysterical. the cinematography wasn't always the greatest and some parts were a little drawn out, but there was some very funny stuff going on and it had good music (mostly techno ^_^).
June 29, 2007
this movie made me giggle. i feel like i need to watch it again sober though.
June 29, 2007
Liked the movie I went to 500 Barmitzvahs in one night! LOL! I suggest seeing it!
½ June 19, 2007
It was an amusing spoof. I could never see, however, how it could be based off a true story. It was a little absurd and could have been done better, but it was decent.
½ February 13, 2007
This film...it wasn't bad but it barely held my interest. Definitely pass it up when you see it on the rental shelf.