Go for It! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Go for It! Reviews

July 19, 2014
Didn't like the ending (14) CBS
½ May 11, 2013
Si on enlève les 4-5 scènes de danse qui sont pas mal du tout, aucun intérêt...
½ April 12, 2013
it was sad and sorta good.. but it definitely needed a better ending
February 5, 2013
So unbelievably dull. There was nothing that makes this stand out from other films. Turned it off half way through.
September 10, 2012
love this movie its awesome
November 25, 2011
i love this movie!!!!
½ October 24, 2011
Was hoping this would be a good sleeper dance movie, but it wasn't. It was slow moving a little rocky and doesn't work well.
½ October 19, 2011
"Dream to be a Dancer" flicks are a dime a dozen anymore ... and this one doesn't really do anything new with the material other than present an off-tangent tragedy three-quarters of the way through to make a viewer feel more-than disturbed. 33-year old Aimee Garcia is supposed to pass as 17/18 year old Carmen (she doesn't), a Chicago high schooler with little to no motivation to do anything with her life until one particular teacher -- the one who gives her a hard time AND the only one in the entire film about high school -- asks her to apply for a dance academy in California. The story isn't particularly well-written and all of the characters are open books ... although some of them make NO sense (again, poor writing). They are all stereotypes ... and this is too bad. The film is predictable, predictable, predictable ... and nothing new. There was some talent onscreen (and off) with some nice hip-hop choreography; but the "story" is supposed to be more than this dancing. As the character is already sympathetic, I found the added punch-in-the-gut that I already mentioned a ploy that was unnecessary and it made this rather unpretentious film almost seem pretentious for a bit.
½ October 17, 2011
This movie is pretty good, but not the greatest of its kind.
September 28, 2011
I generally enjoy dancing movies. I did not enjoy this one. This movie was not what I was expecting. This is really not a feel good movie. I found it disturbing and tragic. The acting was not good and the dancing by the main character Carmen was incredibly amateur. I understand what this movie was going for and trying to achieve, but for me it really missed the mark. I didn't even enjoy the dancing parts and found this movie all around not very entertaining.
September 19, 2011
This inspirational Hip Hop dance drama follows Carmen, a young woman living in Chicago, who struggles to overcome her fears and follow her dream to be a dancer. -- (C) Official Site
August 9, 2011
why is this not in theaters
May 18, 2011
An honest peek into the world of the urban latino teen, their struggles, their triumphs and defeats. Great dance sequences. Just don't call it a latino or dance film. It is something way beyond of those constrains. See it with the whole family, grandma will come out dancing hip-hop!
May 17, 2011
Carmen's very passionate film is motivating our Latino community to follow their dreams to attend college!
½ May 16, 2011
This movie has a lot to say about the transitions young people make, or think about making, as they begin their lives as adults. "Go for It" makes us feel the trials and the joys that young people experience when they begin to live their own lives. While I do agree that their are some weak spots, the fact that it succeeds so well in reaching out mitigates its weaknesses. A very good movie, with a very lame title. You really ought to go see it.
½ April 2, 2011
Saw it at cinemacon in Las Vegas!! Loved it
.. very inspiring good for our kids generation