Goal II: Living the Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Goal II: Living the Dream Reviews

½ June 21, 2009
Decent. I really like the use of real soccer players in the real stadiums. Does bring some authenticity to the movie.
½ June 21, 2009
Ok. So, this one was way better than the first movie, but just like in the way the previous one was made, they kinda let the viewer to expect anything that came next.

First of all, the transfer to Real Madrid was too sudden in the movie. Second, they made out of Santiago Munez the new star and goal-getter at Real from his very first game, he was introduced in last half hour and despite of this he succeeded scoring a goal too. And third, the unfailing goal in the last minute/second right in the final with Arsenal FC, *ushhh* I'm so sick of that, and I think you too...

Even if I was much of a critic in my review, you can see that I gave a pretty good rating. Well, this is because Goal II made me curious and kept me there waiting for some good football scenes, which I enjoyed a lot in the end. ^_^
June 15, 2009
Entertaining. Lots of cameos. Hilarious that Beckham was shirtless in 75% of his. His agent must have arranged for him to end up the hero of the story...totally odd focus on DB. Film was better than I expected.
½ June 10, 2009
The first film is far superior.
½ June 2, 2009
Unfortunately not as good as the first movie, the second installment of the Goal trilogy expands on the story. For Santiago, it's a look into the dark side of his fame and fortune. I did not like how they suddenly changed the story with regards to his family - that really got me confused! Deviating from the storyline like that is usually what leads to the downfall of a sequel. Other than that this was a decent movie that leaves one on a cliffhanger, waiting for the next movie.
½ May 31, 2009
it disappointed a lot, i expected more
May 30, 2009
Slightly weaker than one but still very good. The incorporation of actors into real games with all the superstars is very impressive for such a small movie.
½ May 26, 2009
can't wait for Goal III
May 25, 2009
this is good.. & waiting for Goal 3 :)
May 22, 2009
Slightly better than the first one, but still very cheesy and predictable.
May 20, 2009
Not so great....too much drama and not enough soccer. It was alright....
½ May 18, 2009
This was a reasonable follow-up to the first 'Goal', however I felt the writers went to great lengths to create a plot where there wasn't one.

For example, after the first movie, I could never have imagined "Santi" (Kuno Becker) getting caught up in all of the off the pitch drama, such as fast cars (and fast women) - not to mention punching out a reporter. It was just very out of character and I thought it was way too much of a stretch for us to believe it.

The ridiculous scene with Santi's "little brother" driving the car 100 miles per hour around the main streets of Madrid was totally unbelievable and just another reason why this sequel was no comparison to the charm of the first movie in the Goal franchise.

They did a relatively good job integrating the big-name stars into the movie, due mostly to crafty editing and special effects in places. The movie was also 15-20 minutes too long.

A decent attempt at a sequel, but if this movie was a penalty shot - the ball sails well wide of the net.
½ May 16, 2009
I have to admit, my review is based a little on my pissed off-ness that the sequel is not going to resolve the love story saga! Still, again, the soccer scenes are unmatched and the story is engrossing. Can't wait for the Third, despite my pissed-offedness.
May 16, 2009
This movie is just awesome...really shows how to live the dream...
½ May 15, 2009
The best sports related movie i have ever seen can't wait for the 3 to come out
May 9, 2009
looks even better than the first want to see it so bad
May 9, 2009
Part 2 in which Munez leaves Newcastle and goes to Real Madrid and is swallowed up in the glamour and forgets who he is until he happens to meet his long lost mother living just down the road. The first problem with this film is a lack of plot. What happens off the pitch is boring and tagged on while the other half is Real Madrid trying to win the Champions League - and they do thanks to Beckham who is EVERYWHERE in this film but never speaks. He just smiles or the camera admires his tattoos. Secondly, and considering this is aimed at football fans, apart from a bunch of people in Spain nobody wants to see Real Madrid win the Champions League.
½ May 5, 2009
I enjoyed this film! Kuno Becker is sexy! LOL I still like the first one better. Anyway, if u love soccer/futbol this is the movie for you. All the play sequences were awesome and Beckham as well!=] The only thing I didn't like was the ending! LAWWWWDDDD! Rentable or cable! Your choice!
½ April 30, 2009
Yeah you know. Terrible acting from Kuno Becker, really good acting from Alessando Nivola. I really only enjoyed it because its about professional soccer.