Goal II: Living the Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Goal II: Living the Dream Reviews

½ January 23, 2016
It's an ok sequel but still can't escape the routine of not as good as the 1st one. My god It ends with the message 'to be continued'.
½ September 19, 2015
Not really worth watching. Not as good as the first movie. The first hour is a nothing but poorly executed cliches, to the point where it becomes annoying. A good look at modern soccer.
½ February 11, 2015
its ok but some of the football scenes are just horrible
January 1, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS MOVIE IS THE SOUNDTRACK, BUT MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH......
December 26, 2014
this film is brilliant even people who dont like football will love this film I would recomend it to anyone!!!!! I have watched all of the films that they have released and I cant wait for the newest goal comes out!!!!# 5*****film!!!
August 26, 2014
I want to rate this movie.
½ August 17, 2014
I think the real surprising thing is a lack of remorse or the empty plot for the actions of characters like Santiago's step brother. Why didn't he get into trouble for joyriding or crashing his car/ getting him into trouble with the press, he just smiles and plays football with him
August 2, 2014
The Story was not as good as the first one and kind of a downer, but, still great soccer action and great to see all the soccer celebs in this one
½ March 14, 2014
Overall I thought this movie had real potential but in reality it went to corny with trying to draw suspense. If anything they should have expanded on Nivola's character of Gavin and just cut out the sappy girlfriend and unbelievable role of the abandoning-mother and neglected 1/2 brother. What would have been more believable is Santiago dropping Roz for the hot Jordana and if you must have the mom in it, having her come out of the woodwork trying to weasel and get money from Santiago. That is more like the real world and less like the dream that is portrayed in this movie.
½ December 18, 2013
a nice sequel on the first Goal! but unless this is a great Spanish setting with the famous elements, it hasn't always the charm of part 1
December 2, 2013
Great continuation with a great twist. We see Santiago growing and maturing in the light of the circumstances he is found in and the new fame he acquired playing for Newcastle and coming to Spain.
½ August 12, 2013
Even thou that plot is cheesy and the acting is not that superb, If you are a hard core Real Madrid Fan, you are going to love this movie, I appreciate the dedication they took to recreate the matches and all the Galacticos that were part of it, this movie will go down in history of Real Madrid, the best team of all times!!
August 6, 2013
It's not as good as the first one but it's a little bit interesting
½ July 20, 2013
This movie is pretty bad
July 14, 2013
Munez gets everything that he wants and then starts down a destructive path that will lead to him losing everything. The sport really played a very small part in this story and I think the movie overall suffers because of this.
½ June 20, 2013
Not as tight as the first one, but enjoyable rubbish none the less.
½ March 29, 2013
Descent in comparison with the first one. In my personal opinion, this one, kind of, lost the first movie track at some point. Still descent anyway, but as I said, the fist movie was lot better.
½ January 26, 2013
Not bad. Inferior to Goal. Hope 3 is better. Still worth a watch if you are a football nut.
January 16, 2013
not as good as the first but I still enjoyed it
½ December 31, 2012
This was a reasonable follow-up to the first 'Goal', however I felt the writers went to great lengths to create a plot where there wasn't one.

For example, after the first movie, I could never have imagined "Santi" (Kuno Becker) getting caught up in all of the off the pitch drama, such as fast cars (and fast women) - not to mention punching out a reporter. It was just very out of character and I thought it was way too much of a stretch for us to believe it.

The ridiculous scene with Santi's "little brother" driving the car 100 miles per hour around the main streets of Madrid was totally unbelievable and just another reason why this sequel was no comparison to the charm of the first movie in the Goal franchise.

They did a relatively good job integrating the big-name stars into the movie, due mostly to crafty editing and special effects in places. The movie was also 15-20 minutes too long.

A decent attempt at a sequel, but if this movie was a penalty shot - the ball sails well wide of the net.