Goal II: Living the Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Goal II: Living the Dream Reviews

½ December 31, 2012
This was a reasonable follow-up to the first 'Goal', however I felt the writers went to great lengths to create a plot where there wasn't one.

For example, after the first movie, I could never have imagined "Santi" (Kuno Becker) getting caught up in all of the off the pitch drama, such as fast cars (and fast women) - not to mention punching out a reporter. It was just very out of character and I thought it was way too much of a stretch for us to believe it.

The ridiculous scene with Santi's "little brother" driving the car 100 miles per hour around the main streets of Madrid was totally unbelievable and just another reason why this sequel was no comparison to the charm of the first movie in the Goal franchise.

They did a relatively good job integrating the big-name stars into the movie, due mostly to crafty editing and special effects in places. The movie was also 15-20 minutes too long.

A decent attempt at a sequel, but if this movie was a penalty shot - the ball sails well wide of the net.
December 16, 2012
2nd best movie i ever seen
½ December 8, 2012
I like how they actually have real soccer players like David Beckham in this
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
November 16, 2012
Love the play scene! Yet, even what happened with Munez in this movie was quite impossible in the real world, it was entertaining to watch all the scene
September 25, 2012
Goal 2 : le meilleur de la trilogie, avec l'équipe du Real Madrid au grand complet. Vraiment sympa, toujours à réserver aux amateurs de foot.
½ August 5, 2012
The first had a really good rags to ritches story, but this wasnt even the same kind of movie. Too many superstar cameos and not enough story development.
½ July 27, 2012
this movie was kinda good execpt the end esp wit real winning it!!! dont care if Santi is on there or what they never deserve it!
July 24, 2012
"Nothing Happened." Santiago Munez (Kuno Becker) went from National (New Castle) to International (Real Madrid), playing alongside the likes of David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane (feelin' it for those two!) and living in Spain, enjoying the up and down perks of his new found fame with his fiance Roz Harmison (Anna Friel) and finally getting the chance of meeting his mother played by Elizabeth Pena. Effective Realism. Love. Love. Love. Stephen Dillane who played Glen Foy, the man who discovered Santi and put him to where he is right now. Nick Cannon also had a small role on the film playing TJ Harper from Arsenal facing off in The Champions League Finals though it makes me wonder what's he doin' in the film. Also, i noticed during the end of the film that Roz is pregnant. Hmmm...Goal 3 !!! Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra.
July 7, 2012
beckham zidane ect .....star..... but dulll
½ July 5, 2012
betah bgt nnton ini, mata dimanjakan dengan cameo2 yg ajaib, para pemain2 asli real madrid di masa itu beckham, raul, ronaldo, gutti and last but least Iker Casillas. tp kok endingnya???
July 3, 2012
Rather formulaic with product placement shouting Audi/Siemens/Adidas/Real Madrid at me throughout, I did somehow see past that and almost enjoy what lay beyond. The football match scenes were very well done, becoming nearly tense at the end. Some of the use of subtitling was a bit odd, as Spanish or Mexican characters spoke English when you wouldn't expect it and vice versa. A tiny bit more humour might've been nice, but the whole is perfectly watchable, especially if you don't expect too much or you like football, Real Madrid, Arsenal and seeing players of what will soon be a bygone era. 6.5/10
June 16, 2012
Watchable stuff, bit too unrealistic but good fun!
½ April 22, 2012
not a fan of soccer and this movie didnt help
½ April 11, 2012
if u love soccer....u'll luv this
April 1, 2012
Would have rated higher except for the ending.
½ March 27, 2012
I love soccer and all, but this movie was just not entertaining
½ March 26, 2012
Better than the first one, but still, too much drama when you only wanted to watch some football.
½ February 15, 2012
seemed to lose alot of the heart of the original