God Bless America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

God Bless America Reviews

August 28, 2015
It's a really great film, sometimes a little bit to much monological, but you can see the attention to detail in the production. Carefully constructed, is also a great cathartic film for those intelligent enough that despise modern stupidying tv shows.
½ August 22, 2015
Could have been a lot better
½ August 10, 2015
This movie is distasteful and wrong in so many ways.
½ July 31, 2015
This movies concept I think is excellent and the trailer looked awesome but unfortunately the movie did not live up to my expectations at all. All the inconsistencies in this movie ruin it for me. The individual shots and scenes are not all that bad just they don't fit together as a cohesive movie. The scrip is bland and unrealistic and the actors don't seem to portray the right emotions for each scene. Its centre focus was around the killing of the "bad people" with no background information to give the story any depth. It felt like a bad remake of Super trying to be quirky and amusing but failing at both. Very disappointed.
July 19, 2015
Well when you are really angry and people are costantly annoying you I must say this movie is a good entertainment.
July 7, 2015
7.5/10. The plot is a bit oddly delivered but the concept is pretty amazing. I do NOT recommend murder. But those deaths were satisfying. As a Bergenite who deals with whining spoiled teens, (whos is a bit guilty of being spoiled, im writing this on an iPhone, but im grateful) i find this hillarious
July 1, 2015
Draws you in at the beginning, but as soon as they start killing it feels like a cliche. Joel Murray is great to watch, Tara Lynne Bar is irritating.
June 18, 2015
Awesome and funny. A real entertaining movie
June 14, 2015
The Trailer sets the pace for me. It's twisted and satirical. If I could only tune out the 'noise' in the world around me, things would be better. This movie should be one that I enjoy, again and again. Can't wait!!
½ June 2, 2015
Very dark and complex look at modern culture!
½ May 23, 2015
esta película es particularmente satisfactoria, lamentablemente inviable y patéticamente verídica.
May 15, 2015
The message of showing respect and being decent is the main concept here. The idea of harsh, but fair revenge is what attracted me to this film. The relationship between Frank and Roxy is key as well. An uncommon but endeering one at that.
½ May 13, 2015
This is directed by that annoying dick from Police Academy who's one gag was talking with a croaky voice, it's probably therefore no surprise this is so bad. We're going after exceptionally low hanging fruit here, celebrity TV and the Evangelical right and yet we still miss spectacularly. A film that is so stupid it doesn't understand the irony of asking everyone to 'be nice' whilst blowing them away with an AK47. Or of moaning about the objectification of young girls whilst giving the heroine the sole motivation of wanting to be considered pretty. Terrible.
May 3, 2015
Great first half, terrible ending.
May 1, 2015
Good if you feel like some gratuitous violence.
½ May 1, 2015
Read the synopsis and don't bother watching, there's nothing more to it. Unfunny and uninteresting.
½ April 30, 2015
Loved this movie it so fits today's society and how many of us would like to kill some people out. This is definely how the world is from the point of view of the main character. Society has gone to crazy and laim, and this movie does a good job of explaining it. So for this being one of those films that you wish people would see and understand what the directors are trying to say, this would be a different world, as that being said I give "God Bless America" a B-.
April 11, 2015
Biting satire on American culture, not to dissimilar to 'Super' just without the superhero/vigilante angle and the awkward teen-girl raping middle-aged man moment. Will divide its audience with its pitch black humour. As well as 'Super' also brings to mind 'American Dreamz' with its attack upon the idolisation of pop-culture figures. Goldthwait is constantly proving he is a director to watch,he's never going to direct anything big budget or mainstream and he and is audience is all the better for it.
April 1, 2015
Great movie for the ones who can joke around with murder sprees. This movie was a great watch for it acted out what people only day dream about. Plus the two leading actors were great together.
March 31, 2015
very different from the norm. ..enjoyable from start to finish. .. well worth watching. ..takes a view similar to a Michael Moore documentary but to the nth degree. loved it! !