God Grew Tired Of Us Reviews

• Mar 23, 2020

It is really eye-opening and shows us how hard life is in Sudan. The “lost boys” that were followed in this film were so likeable and had really cool back-stories. The film dragged in the third act. I thought it was over but then realized it still had 25 minutes to go. So the pacing wasn’t great but the overall plot was really interesting. The cinematography and editing was decent (could’ve been better. Just felt like watching National Geographic on tv.)

• Oct 08, 2015

God Grew Tired of us makes Americans learn from the lives of the Sudanese in their war filled country. This documentary happens to be educational and entertaining in a lot of ways. For one thing, it accurately shows the hardships of their culture and what the people in Sudan go through but still manage to have hope. The families that are stuck on the borders have to deal with death, hunger, thirst and even weather. When a few of the Sudanese boys come to America they are really excited because their expectation is a country full of opportunities and thriving but they realize it's harder than they thought. We sort of get 3 separate stories that all connect due to the different paths each of the boys want to take. One wants to be educated, one wants to work, and another wishes to marry and go back to Sudan. As time goes by it gets really emotional how the boys feel as though they were seriously mislead this whole time and just miss their homes. It's neat to see how these boys try to coincide with American culture but find that things are weird here and not the way they want it to be. It's really sad to see how much this group struggles and how they feel safer at home where there's war occurring. I think the director captured a message really well and it works. It's important that we know as a country what these other countries such as Sudan go through and how it's not easy for everyone to adjust. This film is emotional, funny, and inspiring how they still function as a family together. B+

• Sep 18, 2015

Heartwarming feel good story that gives you a warm feeling afterward....uplifting.

• Feb 24, 2015

you live a perfect life...

you live a perfect life...

• Aug 15, 2014

a heartfelt, stellar indie doc about the Lost Boys of Sudan

a heartfelt, stellar indie doc about the Lost Boys of Sudan

• May 03, 2014

Absolutely worth watching. Great perspective on typical American life. Beautiful.

• Dec 02, 2013

A deeply moving, often funny, and ultimately encouraging documentary about opportunity and the human spirit in the face of adversity.

• Sep 19, 2013

Excellent account of 4 Sudanese "lost boys" who escaped the inhuman trials and war in their home country. There were 27,000 boys who traveled 1,000 miles to Kenya. Only 12,000 made it. This movie effectively documents their acclimation to life in the USA. Wonderful study in human behavior and man's ability (or inability) to adapt.

• Mar 19, 2013

Uplifting and inspiring, but I also like the amusing moments of their learning with wonder of even the smallest of American amenities.

• Jan 29, 2013

An important message, but I don't think it lived up to its title - it glossed over the severity of the Lost Boys story, I think.