God Said 'Ha!' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

God Said 'Ha!' Reviews

March 22, 2008
I'd never even heard of this movie. It's wonderful.
March 15, 2008
I adore this film. It contains just the right mix of humor and honesty. I must confess I've probably seen it 4 or 5 times. Just like a good stand-up comedy album, it doesn't wear.
February 9, 2008
Among the funniest and most touching movies I've ever seen. She has amazing perspective on the events she experienced.
January 22, 2008
As a person who went through a very similar experience (minus the apartment sharing), this film had special meaning for me. Julia Sweeney is able to bring a much-needed sense of humor to a tragic, difficult situation. And she does it with class and style. Highly recommended.
January 20, 2008
Comcasted this movie the other night, and was surprisingly tickled. We had some good laughs, and genuinely sympathized with Julia's neurotic family laughing in the face of madness.
½ January 15, 2008
Quentin Tarantino executive produced this film version of Julia Sweeney's one woman show. Julia Sweeney recounts taking care of her brother during his battle with lymph cancer, having her parents move in, and her own battle with cervical cancer. The performance runs the gambit between absolute hilarity and the deeply touching. I highly recommend this movie.

Best Quotes:
"...I decided to do something a little unhealthy and dangerous. And for me, that meant I was gonna smoke myself a cigarette and buy the new book by the Pope."

"I love my shunt!"
December 30, 2007
I wouldn't really call it funny, rather honest and forced. Slightly contrived. She attempts to be a comedian in the midst of recounting a great personal loss. I'm not certain how one could pull it off, but she comes across as honest.
½ October 14, 2007
Sweet, endearing, vulnerable, and deeply personal. I typically don't find female comics that funny, but I truly do enjoy this one-woman show.
October 1, 2007
Having just gone through Lymphoma myself, I could laugh at Julia's trials with her family's move in and the light in even the darkest of times. It is a monologue, be prepared.
½ September 29, 2007
Hilarious and heartbreaking.
½ August 22, 2007
Very touching and funny. Would like to see it again now that I have cancer.
June 12, 2007
This movie shouldn't be funny, but it is -- because that's the way life is -- funny even as it's changing and tumbling you down. This movie makes me feel better when I'm depressed. It's great.
½ June 12, 2007
Julia Sweeney, formerly of "Saturday Night Live," delivers a witty, poignant and vivid monologue in which she details the period in her life when her brother was sticken with terminal cancer and she took care of him, only to find out that she too had cancer. Sweeney has mastered the ability of seeing the humor even in the most tragic of circumstances.
June 6, 2007
Julie Sweeney is great in this small gem of a film.