The Goddess of 1967 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Goddess of 1967 Reviews

August 11, 2008
Most beautiful movie I ever seen
August 9, 2008
The film can be stetically good, for sure, but the plot is really strange and I found it too long in the end
June 26, 2008
very very very very very different.
May 23, 2008
This movie is a cross culture stop gap that works .
I recommend this movie to those that are tired of Hollywood recipe movies.
This movie has something for everyone and was an unexpected gem.
HIGHLY rated by myself. What a ride. Japan meets Australia and back
January 26, 2008
Australian Movie Fantastico
½ January 20, 2008
Very strange and offbeat drama, that manages to be charming but also disturbing at times. Rose Byrne is brilliant in this, not to mention super cute, as Deidre, who is both blind and emotionally unstable. Very deserving of the Best Actress award she received at the Venice Film Festival.
½ January 7, 2008
Love the way this film is shot and yep the car is a goddess
½ January 6, 2008
Quirky but original, with a couple of memorable scenes.
January 4, 2008
Good alternative movie, The car, the blind girl, Feelings and past...
½ January 4, 2008
The kind of eerie, sweetly morbid film that I tend to fall in love with. The atmosphere, the pain, the beauty stayed with me for days after watching it.
November 27, 2007
it's about tragic, love and courage.
November 16, 2007
i cried....
and that's all i have to say...
November 6, 2007
this looks really good - thxs BT
November 5, 2007
Fascinating. It feels like act 1 though. I'd like to see more of these characters in acts 2 and 3.
September 22, 2007
This movie is directed by a HK director and shows extremely refined sensibility in potraying feminity.
September 14, 2007
just have deep feeling when i was watching it in the theater !!!
September 11, 2007
Its non-linear storytelling, jumping in and out of flashbacks and punctuated with experimental video, drawings and words on the screen, is hip without being confusing and generally pleasant to watch. But in the last analysis the film is rather empty at the core, as the leads' existential problems boil down to childhood traumas, notably the oft-used drama of incest.
September 11, 2007
Quirky little film with the greatest car of all time playing a starring role.
August 19, 2007
This may not be Clara Law's most popular film, but I was deeply moved by the performances of the two leads. The "Goddess" is the vintage blue car driven by Kurokwa and rode by Bryne on a dessert road to seek the answers to her blinded past life. She's blind, he's Japanese, and there is cultural clash and misunderstandings between them. Then they are bound by revisiting her home where she had been through some unmentionable traumas. Rose Byrne was mesmerizing and she truly captured the essence of her character who's blind and emotinally/mentally damaged.
July 24, 2007
a crazy textured road movie with a japanese car buff and a blind australian woman with vivid red hair. i love to see them dance.