The Godfather - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather Reviews

May 23, 2017
This is the best movie ever and not only it was a successful movie it made a Renassaiune of America films
May 22, 2017
Top of the line entertainment, there is a reason why it's one of the classics.
May 21, 2017
The true feel of a movie doesn't need action or dramatic sequences, but acting and love from the characters to see how a movie turns. You can see the dramatic change between positions of Michael (Al Pacino) and Vito (Marlon Brando) and how one cares about the mafia industry and one does not intervene in the movie.
May 13, 2017
Outstanding. I had never seen a movie like it and probably never will again. It's about as close to the richness of a book in visual form as you will get. The score was outstanding as well.
May 13, 2017
Watching The Godfather. Last time I watched it when I was 8 yo back then seemed very boring. Gave it a chance again after all those years All I can say is WOW!!
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
May 1, 2017
Look how they messed with my boy!!
April 30, 2017
An excellently well-assembled film, with great performances and a precise sequence in which all the factors of the film intervene. A masterpiece of cinematography and a transcendental work in all aspects
½ April 27, 2017
This most be the best movie ever. Ever one in the this movie it gangster. Not one character is good guy. Come one people this movie is shit. Who care if it is based on a true story. I don't think it is. How many History movies have 2 sequels. This is one of the worst movies from 1972. Stop hyping this crap. Do not see this awful movie.
April 26, 2017
Who wouldn't like The Godfather?
April 15, 2017
A very long film which is worth every second - the acting, the music, the perfect plot. It has stood the test of time as one of the best of the 1970s - an interesting decade for original movies.
April 9, 2017
Without a doubt the greatest movie ever made. Marlon Brando in his best role. The acting of Al Pacino is unparalleled. It is definitely worth watching.
April 8, 2017
This is one of the top 5 best films of all time. Brando and Pacino rock in the film. Everything is just great.
½ April 5, 2017
Just wanna see how low this can get
April 2, 2017
This is like the Mona Lisa of modern filmā"a masterpiece from start to finish. I don't think there will ever be a movie released in my lifetime that will produce the same kind of caliber as "The Godfather." Just thinking about this movie gives me shivers at the thought of how good it is.
March 29, 2017
Is it my favorite movie of all time...no. Is it the best of all time, yea probably
March 29, 2017
Could be the best gangster flick of all time.All time classic from start to finish. Sonny's death was one of the best Mob hits to be put on the big screen . Michael's rise to power when at first he didn't even want it was powerful. Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes all time classic line
March 28, 2017
Worth the hype! I've been on a gnagster kick these days and it all comes back to this classic. From performance to cinematography to score, nothing else comes close!
March 26, 2017
A classic movie. 5 easy star.
½ March 25, 2017
In 1972, Francis Ford Coppola crafted one of the greatest gangster movies of all time, with the help of one of the best ensemble casts of all time. Marlon Brando is ridiculously good and iconic as the Godfather and Al Pacino gives a levelled and calculating performance. The supporting cast is great too, Diane Keaton and James Caan in particular I really enjoy watching. However, I don't really like Talia Shire in this film, I think she is over the top and just unrealistic. This is by no means a perfect movie but it comes very close. The opening scenes of the wedding in particular are fascinating and its easy to like the Corleone family because of the class that is shown by them, despite the crimes being committed.
March 21, 2017
Not too bad for an old movie, but too many shortcuts were taken in the attempt to tell such a long story.