The Godfather - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather Reviews

April 15, 2017
A very long film which is worth every second - the acting, the music, the perfect plot. It has stood the test of time as one of the best of the 1970s - an interesting decade for original movies.
April 9, 2017
Without a doubt the greatest movie ever made. Marlon Brando in his best role. The acting of Al Pacino is unparalleled. It is definitely worth watching.
April 8, 2017
This is one of the top 5 best films of all time. Brando and Pacino rock in the film. Everything is just great.
½ April 5, 2017
Just wanna see how low this can get
April 2, 2017
This is like the Mona Lisa of modern filmā"a masterpiece from start to finish. I don't think there will ever be a movie released in my lifetime that will produce the same kind of caliber as "The Godfather." Just thinking about this movie gives me shivers at the thought of how good it is.
March 29, 2017
Is it my favorite movie of all time...no. Is it the best of all time, yea probably
March 29, 2017
Could be the best gangster flick of all time.All time classic from start to finish. Sonny's death was one of the best Mob hits to be put on the big screen . Michael's rise to power when at first he didn't even want it was powerful. Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes all time classic line
March 28, 2017
Worth the hype! I've been on a gnagster kick these days and it all comes back to this classic. From performance to cinematography to score, nothing else comes close!
March 26, 2017
A classic movie. 5 easy star.
½ March 25, 2017
In 1972, Francis Ford Coppola crafted one of the greatest gangster movies of all time, with the help of one of the best ensemble casts of all time. Marlon Brando is ridiculously good and iconic as the Godfather and Al Pacino gives a levelled and calculating performance. The supporting cast is great too, Diane Keaton and James Caan in particular I really enjoy watching. However, I don't really like Talia Shire in this film, I think she is over the top and just unrealistic. This is by no means a perfect movie but it comes very close. The opening scenes of the wedding in particular are fascinating and its easy to like the Corleone family because of the class that is shown by them, despite the crimes being committed.
March 21, 2017
Not too bad for an old movie, but too many shortcuts were taken in the attempt to tell such a long story.
March 18, 2017
A re-review here. I have to say I enjoyed the Godfather. Great cinematography, great acting, interesting story, characters, and even the action, while sparse, is good too. I recommend this film if you haven't seen it.
March 16, 2017
One of the very few flawless 10 out of 10 movies ever! Just finally watched again last night after many many years and still holds its own in line with some of the greatest movies of all time.
March 13, 2017
The weakest of the trilogy, but still an extraordinary film.
March 12, 2017
The Greatest film of all time
March 3, 2017
perfect movie perfect actor choise perfectly made im every detail
February 28, 2017
One of those few films that you want to watch again and again
February 28, 2017
The greatest mafia film ever made, and one of the greatest films ever.
February 27, 2017
epic movieļ¼?the godfather absolutely the best film in america history.mixing with family,ganster,business and of course,revenge.All men want to be like godfather.The soundtrack is great to.
February 27, 2017
This film deserves all the recognition it gets based on the original story, gripping characters and captivating performances.