The Godfather - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather Reviews

October 18, 2017
Phenomenal movie and is one of the best of all time! Marlon Brando's acting is phenomenal as The Godfather and Al Pacino, Robert Duvall and James Caan all give some of their best performances as well. It has phenomenal direction by Francis Ford Copolla, a very well written script and great NYC cinematography. It's one of Hollywood's greatest critical and commercial successes and gets everything right with absolutely nothing wrong in the entire film! It's a major benchmark for American cinema and cinema across the world. It's one of the greatest films in cinematic history and is absolutely a must see!
October 14, 2017
What can one say....Hollywood gets an A+ for this exceptional tale.
October 14, 2017
Epic movie, Great acting and such a stunning cast, Al Pacino gave a great performance as well, director Francis Ford really made it gold, this movie deserves 1000 Grammys, this movie was ahead of its time, acting great, story awesome, the fact that it centered around the Mafia, even better, I loved this movie and every single moment and part of this 3 hour, wonderful, gigantic, awesome movie, the II part was good, but the III was a MEH
½ October 14, 2017
Great plot but kinda dated
October 14, 2017
They will never think a movie like this again
½ October 8, 2017
One of the finest crime pictures to ever be filmed & released!
½ October 7, 2017
Despite the slow pace. The excellent performances,shocking moments,great character and visuals make this a masterpiece.
½ October 6, 2017
Probably the most overrated film of all time. The whole story is a snooze fest and you just can't help but look at the clock every 5 minutes.
October 5, 2017
I've never been more hopelessly alone on anything than my opinion on The Godfather. Fantastic performances? Of course, flawless direction and shooting? Of course, important story? Of course, and probably the best assembled cast ever, period. But BORING. Yes I think this is just too boring, and I've seen lawrence of Arabia. U get like 45 mins of dialogue, then an assassination. Just not good enough for me, and it's not mafia films, cuz goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time. Just too much dialogue, eventually there needs to be some kind of sequence that's exciting. Quality movie, just completely overrated.
½ October 1, 2017
Movie night with Iris.

Been a few years, but still such an awesome film. Scenes and script has been mimicked and imitated, but they majestically stand the test of time. Love that Iris thought Brando a secondary character, and Pacino is the star. She?s gonna love Part Two.
September 30, 2017
This is the movie of the movies.
½ September 21, 2017
The great American dance.
September 16, 2017
The Godfather rarely misses a beat; offering a plethora of great performances and ingenious writing. Where it slightly derails is its notion as "one of the greatest films ever made." Entering with average expectations may, perhaps make the film even better.
(Favorite moment)- Luca Brasi's death
September 8, 2017
i think this is the greatest movie of all time, i've watched it many times and there is no flaw to be found (unless you want to nitpick, which is a very stupid thing to do in my opinion).
September 3, 2017
One of the few movies I never get bored with.
August 27, 2017
This Film Was Roger Ebert's And Gene Siskel's Best Film Of 1972 On Their Best Of 1972 Lists.
August 27, 2017
The movie is long, but that's okay. There is great character development. All the acting is great, and the assassination scenes are very realistic looking for 1972.
August 27, 2017
I don't see the appeal of mafia movies. So much wasted life.
August 25, 2017
It is largely considered the greatest movie ever made and there is no question that it isn't. It has everything a great movie needs: a perfect cast, innovative techniques and a brilliant narrative. The craziest thing is everyone says it is the greatest movie of all time so you will have high expectations, and no matter how high the expectation this movie will surpass it by a mile.