The Godfather - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather Reviews

½ February 23, 2018
Continually lauded as one of the best films ever made, it in fact amounts to little more than three hours of men sitting around talking. Imagine the most boring meeting you have ever had at work, double the boredom and then imagine it went on for three hours, then you start to get some idea of what watching The Godfather is like.
February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 16, 2018
I thought I might not like this one, but it was GOOD.
February 15, 2018
In my mind the greatest film ever made. Incredible actors, led by an incredible director, playing incredible characters, given and incredible script and putting on incredible performances.
½ February 15, 2018
The Godfather is a great movie that innovated the crime genre. It has a great story which (for a nearly 3 hour movie) moves quickly. We are brought close to the professional and personal lives of these mafia men, and when we see some of them gunned down, it's relatively hard-hitting. This was an innovation at the time: for a mafia film to bring us emotionally close to the characters. Perhaps the most shocking scene in the film (not to spoil anything) ends with a car riddled in machine gun bullets. Marlon Brando's performance as Don Vito Corleone can be seen as one of the most iconic performances/roles in film history: it is Brando transformed, and he's fun to quote back to. Like any movie that is labeled with such a "legendary" status, The Godfather is a tad overrated; but still very good nonetheless thanks to it's great story, performances, and iconic scenes.
½ February 12, 2018
It's only saving grace is that like its title this film is the Godfather for all other modern movies featuring the Italian Mafia that came after it. Other than that it is pretty outdated and features an overrated performance by Al Pacino.
February 7, 2018
El padrino de la mano del director Francis Ford Coppola y del escritor original del libro Mario puzo nos narra la vida de don Vito Corleone un mafioso quien junto a su familia y en conjunto con otras familias de Italia y de los estados unidos creo todo un imperio del crímen.
Para mí esta es una película ¡perfecta! Tiene todo lo que necesita una película para ser buena y mucha más. Comencemos con la trama; la trama del padrino están completa y compleja que te va a marcar, en cuanto termines de ver esta película te vas a sentir como perteneciente a la familia Corleone y realmente te vas a sentir dentro de la película.
Otro punto espectacular de el padrino es su reparto; cada actor hasta el más secundario se esmera, se meten de lleno en su papel y finalmente no sientes una actuación, sientes personas reales que en verdad están viviendo la trama.
La escena inicial de la película es una de las escenas más icónicas que uno podrá ver en una película, tenemos a un millonario rogando por ayuda a don Vito Corleone el cual no los presentan en una toma tan épica acariciando su gato y se puede sentir que ese hombre emana poder y tan solo en la primera escena de la película, pero conforme avance la película se nos va mostrando otra cara de don Vito Corleone una más humana como la escenas del hospital donde lo encontramos completamente débil o la escenas donde juega con uno de sus nietos en su jardín. Esto es saber actuar y saber darle vida a un personaje.
Recomiendo esta película a todo el mundo y sin duda la colocaría en una lista de películas para ver antes de morir. finalmente le doy a el padrino el honor de la 5 estrellas.
February 7, 2018
I'm not sure the mob in real life is this out of hand, but it's a very good film nonetheless.
February 4, 2018
With this being called by many as one of the greatest movies of all time, it's probably a pretty good movie. I found this to be very captivating, and it just goes to show that you don't need the technology they use in filming today to make a GREAT movie. After watching it two times in a row, I still feel like if I went back and watched it again, I would find things that I missed. Now I know why so many rave about this film.
February 4, 2018
(100/100)
Best Crime/Mafia movie there is. Best movie there is even
January 31, 2018
A beautiful masterpiece.
January 30, 2018
One of the greatest movies of all time
January 21, 2018
Arguably the greatest movie of all time, it has a great story and one of the best casts of all time. This movie is the gold standard if there ever was one.
January 13, 2018
Simply the standard by which all other movies are compared.
January 12, 2018
You better watch it, it's an offer you can't refuse.
January 12, 2018
Over-the-top acting. Embarrassingly bad in terms of how it holds up.
January 9, 2018
As close to a flawless movie as you're ever going to see.
January 9, 2018
La verdad, es que pieso igual que Ash vs the Evil Dead sobre esta pelicula. Mucho dialogo, poca acción y pocas tetas.
January 7, 2018
Great serious drama with very little cursing and nudity. An offer you can't refuse.
January 5, 2018
The gravitas and subtlety that The Godfather employs is damn near perfect and true cinematic ecstasy.