The Godfather - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather Reviews

January 18, 2017
My favorite movie, The best film ever
½ January 16, 2017
What a horrible movie. Peter Griffin was right with his review. This movie was just so full of its self. It has flat acting and a tearfully slow plot. It took forever to move and when it did I didn't even want to watch it any more. This film was a true chore to watch. What a bore, really a 98% come on should be a 2%
January 15, 2017
While it takes a while to build and drags itself in the first half, The Godfather quickly picks up and becomes something special.
January 14, 2017
One of the best ever. *great movie
January 12, 2017
A powerhouse of rich narrative and strong performances that should be seen at some point in everyone's life.
January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.9/10 - 4.9/5
January 8, 2017
My favorite of the trilogy-A fascinating study behind the trials and tribulations if the first Italian immigrants
January 6, 2017
Best Mafia movie ever in life!! <3
January 5, 2017
It builds a perfect foundation for one of the best movies of all time
December 31, 2016
One of the greatest movie in Hollywood history, The Godfather use its fantastic script and talented cast, make film industry step to a higher level.
December 30, 2016
One of if not the best films in cinema history. A true cultural landmark and a masterpiece.
December 27, 2016
A REALLY good movie, but not the best in history, as some people say.
December 26, 2016
Best movie I have ever seen.
December 23, 2016
Coppola directs a majestic Marlon Brandon creating the true essence of all that is told
December 19, 2016
The magnificent Marlon Brando's acting, the outstanding Francis Ford Coppola's directing job and the gorgeous script by Mario Puzo and Coppola just made the best movie in history, a "gangster" movie that is not a gangsters movie, it's a delightfull drama about family, scene after scene ... Coppola created an enduring, undisputed masterpiece
December 9, 2016
One of the best of all time!
½ December 2, 2016
I've learned that I don't usually respond well to gangster movies because I have a difficult time finding characters to care about, and that was my reaction the first time I watched The Godfather. When I watched it again recently, I'm not sure if it was the fact that I knew what to expect or that my film tastes have started to shift, but I kind of loved it. I felt so thoroughly invested in what was happening to the Corleone family, and desperately wanting to see them get "justice." I actually sympathized with Vito, Sonny, Michael, and Tom. I could see Michael's slow descent into the family business, and saw both the reason why and the tragedy in it all. The cinematography impressed me, the music was nearly perfect. Even the little things like the high-quality squibs for the gunshots worked for me. I was fully invested in The Godfather, and I don't know why it changed so dramatically for me. Perhaps it's like a fine wine that gets better when you give it time. If I were to express one gripe I had with the film it would be the casting of Al Pacino. I think he's the perfect actor for the second half of the film, as he starts to show his darker side, but I felt the first half would work better if he would have displayed some innocence and meekness. To me, while the script has him clearly being a different person as the film progresses, I felt his performance was similar throughout. It didn't hurt the story, and clearly it didn't bother me too much since I loved the film so much more this time. I think I finally get why The Godfather is a classic.
November 29, 2016
The best movie of all time.
November 28, 2016
The G.O.A.T of all mob movies!
November 28, 2016
With the starring roles of Marlon Brando and Al Pacino, this Mafia classic is loved by many.