Godsend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godsend Reviews

½ June 29, 2016
As rotten as they come.
May 13, 2016
Damn, this film is so poorly made. The editing doesn't even make sense. Unless I missed something (I couldn't be bothered to go back and check), De Niro's character kills (or nearly so) Greg Kinnear's character and leaves him incapacitated in a burning church. Shortly thereafter, Kinnear's character arrives home - fine. That's one hour, 45 minutes I can never get back.
½ February 15, 2016
A bad attempt at a movie that could have been really good... Parents raising the clone of their son after his tragic death at the age of 8. Said clone starts exhibiting strange behavior after he reaches the age of death. Unfortunately not even Rober DiNero could save this steamy pile of shit from being 1.5 stars. Felt a lot like a bad science version of Pet Sematary. Dont waste your time.
½ November 9, 2015
Too plain and slow to be considered a thriller
½ September 3, 2015
Criticized for resembling the omen and the sixth sense, Godsend nonetheless provides a few good chills and a great cast
½ July 27, 2015
DeNiro in a horror movie....does not matter if it's good because we can sell that.
April 29, 2015
Idea oli hyvä, ja alku vaikuttikin lupaavalta, mutta leffa muuttui aina vaan huonommaksi (ja pelottavammaksi) loppua kohden...
March 18, 2015
There's a much better movie lurking in the fringes of this one. Instead we get a disposable horror film with a top-notch cast.
½ March 15, 2015
Could of been a horror milestone, but ends up being a cliche and generic mess of a thriller that wastes it's talented leads.
January 29, 2015
While it's definitely not a great film, it is a somewhat good one and does not deserve the bad reputation it has. Most don't even know of this film's existence which is a shame. The plot is unique, the acting is good and the jolts may be cheap but they're quite effective. I'd also like to add that De Niro did well in this. The ending wasn't exactly satisfactory but it could've been worse. Give it a try.
½ December 10, 2014
This movie is dated only 10 years later and Deniro is wasted in this cheesy thriller with an average performance from Kinnear and a terrible one from Stamos...film just didn't make any sense and had absolutely ZERO thrills to be offered.
November 13, 2014
This is has got to be one of the most underrated movies I have ever seen. Godsend is a great story with very good acting performances and a chilling score by Brian Tyler. I know that I tend to like a lot of movies that other people don't, but this movie doesn't deserve so much hate. I am however, very partial to cloning movies. I especially loved Robert De Niro in this. A very suspenseful thriller!
March 29, 2014
Jessie Duncan (Rebecca Romaijn): What took you so long?
Paul Duncan (Greg Kinnear): I ran into an old student, I got held up.

I remembered a time when I would watch anything Greg Kinnear did because I was so in-love with this actor after having watched him in the "Sabrina" remake. He's a great actor and he wasn't bad in this one either. Rebecca Romijn is a hit-or-miss kind of actress but she didn't do too poorly in this one. Robert De Niro is normally a great actor but I think he went a little too cheesy in this one, a little too melodramatic. I liked the premise of the story and the acting wasn't too bad but it felt too slow and a lot of plot was dragged out too much. Although, I must admit, there were some pretty good scary moments in the film which I found thoroughly enjoyable; but other than that, this was a pretty luck-luster movie and it was difficult to root for or even relate any of the characters.
March 21, 2014
An absolutely not terrifying bio-horror. Scientist intends to play God by cloning a deceased son of a couple, little did they know the son isn't quite the son they had before. It was predictable and absolutely disastrous, essentially an Omen copycat. The only shock I got was not from the plot but from a woman knocking on the car window, yes, that was the only shock.
November 18, 2013
good premise given inept/illogical treatment
November 2, 2013
My Favorite Horror Film Is 1973's The Exorcist.
October 25, 2013
Philosophical drama that will get your mind thinking about invitro fertilization, cloning and the vast human population on a diddy planet that is feeling a tad overcrowded already. Photography has been well thought out and gives the visage a delight. Actors do a fantastic work bringing emotion and feeling to the concept. Nibbles: Chocolate Fondue and fruit wedges.
September 13, 2013
I saw this years ago but only thought of it tonight after seeing it was DeNiro's lowest rated film. Not a bad film but not a very compelling one either.
August 16, 2013
I own this... I should watch it.
½ January 9, 2013
What a joke. DeNiro is sleepwalking through this mess as he helps out a couple clone their dead son. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the clone kid isn't going to work out.