Godzilla Vs. Destroyah - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Vs. Destroyah Reviews

September 7, 2017
great godzilla movie ever ??
½ August 29, 2017
It's the end of the line for Godzilla. Only because they closed out their second continuity of movies, to be rebooted again a few years later. Godzilla is going nuclear, his son is along for the ride, a telepath gives an assist, and he faces one of his biggest, deadliest foes yet. It's a fun close to a storyline and one of the better efforts in the series.
June 30, 2017
Godzilla vs destoroyah is a definite improvement over Godzilla vs spacegodzilla and provides excellent action. A great plot, a good villain. In this movie Godzilla suffers from a meltdown and does after killing the villain. One of Godzilla's best movies. Topping the rest of the 90's and 80's Godzilla movies
April 3, 2017
Impressive effects and a couple solid sequences can't stop the inevitable pasted together editing style and horrid script and characters that simply don't work when held up to scrutiny.
February 1, 2017
One of my all time favorites! Destoroyah is AWESOME, Godzilla's burning look is cool and interesting, and the plot is actually pretty good! I highly recommend this one if you haven't seen this one!!
½ September 25, 2016
I can point out to you now that this is one of the worst Godzilla films ever created and by far the worst Heisei movie. It has really bad special effects, really bad and uninteresting characters, boring fights, and a sense of "Hey, let's try to pander to the fans so we can get lots of moolah" everywhere in the movie. However, the title monster is cool and the ending sequence is a work of art when compared to the rest of the movie. Overall, unless you're curious, don't see it. It is by far the most overrated piece of crap I have ever seen. If you're looking for something more original, watch Godzilla vs. Biollante or Gojira.
½ June 29, 2016
it was sad when godzilla and his son died but a super great movie for Godzilla's "last" movie
½ June 1, 2016
A very emotional movie of Godzilla and his son in their epic battle against death itself! This movie made me cry. ??
½ March 29, 2016
This is the 22nd Godzilla movie. It is better then most of the Godzilla that were before it. The Godzilla remake from 1998 is better. This is a great movie. See it. It is one of the best scenes fiction movies from 1995.
½ January 24, 2016
This film is significant that it was going to be the last Godzilla film made by Toho and it was also the last film to feature music composed by Akira Ifukube. Probably most significant is that Toho also announced that they would kill Godzilla in this film. I won't spoil what happened at the end, but it's pretty good. Although this wasn't actually the last Toho Godzilla film, there was another one four years later. In this film, there is a second monster who is overheating like a volcano and Godzilla must stop that monster before it goes nuclear and blows up Tokyo. The special effects are better than most Godzilla films, but you don't really want Peter Jackson, LOTR level of special effects in a Godzilla film. You really just want to see a guy in a rubber suit stomping little buildings in slow motion, and that's what this film delivers.
½ January 14, 2016
One of the best monster movies.
½ December 1, 2015
If this was the last Godzilla film in the series I would be totally satisfied, the special effects are some of the best practical effects of all time, but the dubbing for the standard copy of this film is bland, I'd watch the original Japanese version the acting is great
½ September 2, 2015
Fantastic Godzilla film in all regards
August 24, 2015
it really a sad movie and extremely awesome.
August 5, 2015
I love this movie. It is easily the best Godzilla film out of the heisie series and while not the best out of the series, it's up there! This was the last Godzilla film Tomoyuki Tanaka would produce before his death in 1997 and he definitely left on a high note.
½ January 13, 2015
Huh??? No...cant accept an 80% rating on this one...
½ October 2, 2014
One of the most heartbreaking and gut wrenching pieces of cinema. Probably the most depressing monster movie ever made. Seriously the last ten minutes will require tons of kleenex. An absolutely phenomenal and emotional way to say goodbye to our favourite kaiju.
August 7, 2014
Best "Heisei period" Godzilla movie, bar none. It probably surpasses the original "Godzilla" by a hair.
August 4, 2014
Although Godzilla vs Destroyah was another Godzilla movie featuring very routine Godzilla on-goings the film brought severe emotional depth and tied it well to the original film from 40 years prior; so, I give them props for that! Unfortunately the opposing villain was very "Alien" for my taste and I just didn't find the story that interesting... It's still a decent installment into the franchise and it goes to prove that this reboot based series fared better than the majority of the original run!