Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II (Gojira VS Mekagojira) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla II (Gojira VS Mekagojira) Reviews

September 25, 2016
It may not be very original and the special effects do falter at times, but they nailed Mechagodzilla's overhaul as a giant, heavy mech intent on defending the human race, and the monster fights and designs are excellent.
½ September 17, 2016
As usual Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 2 continues the greatness of mechagodzilla movies and provides Godzilla with a near invincible, power house opponent. It has enough action and entertainment to be called better than it's two predecessors. Godzilla vs mechagodzilla II is no doubt a great movie.
August 16, 2016
What Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II managed to do epically with all of its glorious action sequences, it also managed to hit me emotionally, unlike any other Godzilla film ever made.
April 22, 2016
My favorite Godzilla movie. The fight scenes and special effects are amazing, the monster designs are awesome (this movie has my favorite versions of Godzilla, MechaGodzilla, and Baby Godzilla to date), the characters are likable, the story is interesting, and the soundtrack is great. This is a must watch for any Godzilla/Kaiju fan!
March 29, 2016
This is the 20th Godzilla movie. It is also the 6th Rodan movie. Most of the Godzilla movies made before it are better. All the Rodan movies made before it are better. It is a good movie. It is better then the 19th Godzilla movie Godzilla and Mothra and the battle for the earth. The 28th part to the japanes Godzilla series is also the 7th Rodan movie is called Godzilla final wars. That one is better then this one. See this movie. See all the Rodan movies. They are great films
January 5, 2016
This film actually reminded me somewhat of Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" where the Jaegers piloted their giant robots to fight giant masters. Humans in this film rebuilt Mechagodzilla to fight Godzilla and are on the inside piloting the giant robot monster. The overall story is pretty simple. The UN decides they need a plan to stop Godzilla should he rampage again, and that plan is to fix up Mechagodzilla and to also build a new spaceship to fight Godzilla. Scientists also find a dinosaur egg that contains a baby Godzilla, which then calls both Godzilla and Rodan who follow the psychic signal, which then leads to lots of miniature sets being crushed in slow motion. Overall, the special effects are a lot better in this film than most of the Godzilla films and the film also contains quite a bit of Kaiju action, which is really the only reason people would watch these films. The film is also greatly helped by the Akira Ifukube, who scored many of these films and actually did the original film. This film is actually probably a pretty good entry point for someone who's never seen a Godzilla film and is interested, even if it's lacking the usual corny 60s and 70s vibe.
August 5, 2015
The worst film out of the Heisie series has 3 stars. A good era of Godzilla films.
½ July 26, 2015
stop making Godzilla movies in Tokyo
½ April 11, 2015
I like this movie, but its not one of my favourites!!
December 16, 2014
In this 5th installment of the second Godzilla movie series, Godzilla is up against his metal counterpart, Mechagodzilla. Along the way, he is also up against another classic Toho monster, Rodan, while also trying to get his son, Baby Godzilla. This installment in the second Godzilla movie series is a very decent and entertaining flick. It has great monster action, great special effects, and a interesting plot. Unfortunately, there are some flaws in the movie. The first thing is that some of the characters in the movie are really annoying and uninteresting. The next thing is that some of the special effects are really outdated or lazily done , like in one scene you can see the string that's holding the monster.

Although it has its flaws, its still a decent Godzilla movie. If your a Godzilla fan or someone who wants to watch a fun movie, then this movie will please you. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
½ October 2, 2014
It's got a few kinks but overall a very successful sequel that's just as fun as the original, even if it isn't as good.
September 30, 2014
My first favorite Godzilla movie from the 90s
½ September 21, 2014
Rather disappointing compared to Godzilla Vs King Ghidora with a plot that doesn't quite work for me.
September 2, 2014
my favorite of the heisei
August 8, 2014
a really good one for a remake, this movie also has a good story, but mechagodzilla 2 looks little more different than the other one.
August 7, 2014
The stuff with the baby is confusing, but it's not too boring to watch.
July 31, 2014
This was the third and last time in the Heisi series when they remade a classic enemy. Just like the rest of the series this was a great entry. I always liked this one.
½ July 29, 2014
It's apparent that they like to confuse the viewers with the titling of these Godzilla movies; this is not a sequel to the first Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla movie but instead a further sequel tied to the reboot film! The franchise is feeling watery thin, the battles were merely mildly entertaining... However, the involvement of tiny baby Godzilla was a nice touch that allowed some emotional scenes; which was pleasant to see!
July 21, 2014