Godzilla vs. Megalon Reviews

• Oct 21, 2020

This movie has a weak story and extremely meh cast. The fight scenes are okay at best, the movie is incredibly boring until the last 25 minutes. I'm not joking when I say I had no clue what the movie was about. I hated the movie more than I did with Godzilla vs gigan. There's barely any Godzilla until the confusing and badly choreographed final fight. Jet jaguar is cool and was one of the best things in the movie. The iconic Godzilla tail attack where he hovers over the ground comes from the final battle in this movie and its hilarious

• Nov 17, 2019

It was OK. It had some stock footage, but still had an OK villain, and a terrible story.

• Oct 30, 2019

An absolute mess of a film, but it's a fun mess.

An absolute mess of a film, but it's a fun mess.

• Sep 05, 2019

bottom of the barrel godzilla film, with almost no redeeming qualities

bottom of the barrel godzilla film, with almost no redeeming qualities

• May 24, 2019

Rather painful. While the concept of an undersea empire sending a giant monster to the surface in retaliation for nuclear testing damaging the ocean is a cool one, the characters are bland and the action is cheesy and looks like a pro wrestling routine. Some good destruction shots though and interesting monster design for Megalon.

• Jan 12, 2019

Monsters, aliens and a kid's toy duke it out in the most ridiculously fun way possible.

• Nov 28, 2018

Really really stupid

Really really stupid

• Jun 22, 2018

If you're like me, you're always wondering why Godzilla doesn't turn on his Nuclear flamethrower more often and torch everything. In some movies his spinal plates glow before his deathly blast of breath, in others, afterwards, sometimes he can't get up the energy to make it glow at all and there's no flame coming from him, then sometimes it has nothing to do with it. The flamethrower effect is used much less in the actual movies than in the trailers. Another case of poor advertising. Godzilla is just an overgrown dragon. I did some research on the web and his size seems to vary widely depending on different accounts. The appeal of Godzilla must lie in people wanting to get into the suit the actor portraying Godzilla wears and kick around the stuff on the sets that look like kid's toys. In the early films, Hollywood, yes Godzilla is a product of Hollywood, tried to make Godzilla a sinister menace with no personality. The success of Gamera must have changed that depiction. Plus during the '60's, the anti-hero hero emerged in comic books, like Catwoman, as opposed to the supervillian like the joker, and maybe Hollywood found that audiences identified more with anti heroes than supervillians. To convince the skeptics otherwise, Godzilla vs. Megalon has an all Jpanese cast, but they still didn't fool me.

What was the point of such a childish movie