Godzilla 2000 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla 2000 Reviews

May 4, 2017
This is a great movie. The 1998 reboot is better. But still this is better then Godzilla's revenge. This is the part 23 to the Japan Godzilla series. It is a great movie see it.
½ April 13, 2017
Quite possibly, the worst Godzilla movie ever.
March 24, 2017
I love this movie is fun, entertaining and enjoyable, the effects and action scene are good
January 21, 2017
Godzilla 2000: Millennium is not genuinely the best movie featuring the Big G given that the film can't make up its mind on who to give the spotlight to, the giant fire-breathing monster himself or the silver UFO, but it's certainly a well-deserved shot at Roland Emmerich by making Godzilla the destructive human hating anti-hero he is by making him a crucial defense for humanity against Orga, and because it tries refreshingly new formulas on how Godzilla fights an enemy monster.
½ December 9, 2016
One of my favorite Godzilla films. Yes the dubbing is ok, but Godzilla and the action is just SPECTACULAR and AWESOME. We definetly needed this film after the anal atom bomb of a remake known as Godzilla 1998!
September 16, 2016
First Japanese Godzilla movie I watched still served up the action I expected to see. Godzilla 2000 is an average to great Godzilla movie. It does not have the best monster fights, but proves itself worthy of praise. Ultimately it destroys the bad reputation Roland Emmerich's terrible incarnation of the monster, along with its stupid plot and its lack of godzilla.
June 1, 2016
Very fun and interesting movie!!
April 22, 2016
I don't what so bad about this movie this is The King of the Monsters big comeback since that awful 1998 crap.
½ February 28, 2016
Godzilla 2000 has a sort of good plot, and semi-interesting characters. I believe this to be the most overrated godzilla movie. I don't get why all godzilla fans hold this as one of the best. The effects in the final city rampage/ monster fight are pretty good, but I can't say the same for the rest of the film. They rely to much on green screen effects, and the green screen effects are pretty terrible. There are also some awful CGI of godzilla underwater. In this film, Godzilla fights an alien who comes down from space surrounded in a rocky material. It is eventually revealed to be a shiny metal space ship/ creature. Then in the very end, the ship
Takes its final form as the monster "Orga." The monster is really interesting. It can takes on qualities of other monsters it fights, and has an awesome suit design. Sadly the amazing fight scene between godzilla and orga ends very fast. Godzilla's suit design looks great. At this point in the series, it is starting to look less like a suit and more like
An actual animal. The suit looks very ferocious, as it should be. There were some really good characters in this film, but also some pretty annoying ones. The little girl, you can guess, is one of the annoying ones, just like most of the kids in the series. The other two main characters were ok, except the woman was kind of unlikable. Don't quote me on those two characters, because its probably the fact that I only have the english dubbed version, but I don't know. Overall, this movie is a pretty good return to the series, but it gets too much praise. I think two reasons why people fanboy over this, is because it came out after godzilla 1998, and it was sort of relieving. The other reason is because Lots of people grew up on this one(including me). Its not a bad movie, its not a "great" movie, but it has its moments. It is definitely worth a watch for hardcore monster fans, and casual godzilla fans alike.
February 8, 2016
I just can't get enough of these!
January 21, 2016
Much better than the 1998 american version, but again one of the cheesier ones, with a godzilla that looks good from distance, but really contrasts with the rest of the movies when seen in close up's or as a CGI monster whener he is moving in the background.
½ November 24, 2015
One of the best Godzilla films, the big G looks awesome in this one.
November 21, 2015
One of my favorite Big G movies, because it's everything a Godzilla movie is supposed to be!
August 24, 2015
this was the first godzilla movie I ever saw, its one of the best in the franchise
August 16, 2015
Although it has aged poorly over time, the action is solid and his return us just as satisfying. Also, this makes this the only good film that uses '2000' in it's title.
June 26, 2015
If terrible acting, ear splitting dialogue, and a kick-ass monster fight at the end are your thing, then Godzilla 2000 won't disappoint.
June 21, 2015
Godzilla 2000 is an okay installment in the Godzilla franchise. However, it has by far the best dubbing I've ever heard in ANY Godzilla movie. The film has it's moments, but lacks in over all thrills. The CGI is crap, but the miniatures and suit-mation are terrific. It's worth a watch, check it out.
June 1, 2015
Godzilla done right with heaping helpings of cheese.
February 25, 2015
Your average Godzilla film. visual effects improved over the years.
February 15, 2015