Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Gojira tai Mekagojira) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Gojira tai Mekagojira) Reviews

August 19, 2017
Fun action, interesting characters and a unique take on a beloved kaiju, this movie is great and a must see for any kaiju fan. All i can say is don't be fooled into thinking this is a godzilla movie, at it's heart this film is about mechagodzilla.
½ August 12, 2017
Haruo Nakajima. With the recent death of the guy who played 'The King Of The Monsters' I decided to go old school and revisit some of the old stompin' grounds of my youth, and I was not disappointed. So much personality displayed by the star! And empathy. What? You're minding your own business, destroying Toyko, and they make some robot to destroy you in turn?!? Are you kidding me??? Of course there's gonna be anger. Of course. Duh. Classic stuff, and from the only people who've had an atomic bomb dropped on them. There's tradition for you. So they know terror. Duh. Good stuff.
November 1, 2016
one star for kumiko shaku in latex.
½ September 16, 2016
An excellent Godzilla film is hard to find these days. But godzilla against mechagodzilla is one of the best. Godzilla battles his first robotic double in a film for ten years. It houses thrills and serves up the action, with a great plot, special effects, and a cool monster fight for the climax. It is definitely entertaining and great.
August 26, 2016
Mechagodzilla is back, and it gives Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla the potential to thoroughly entertain Godzilla fans.
July 14, 2016
one of my favorite Godzilla films and I'm excited for Godzilla: Ressurgence later this month
½ July 6, 2016
Holy crap, how did I not see this before? Might be tied with "GMK" for my favorite of the Heisei/Millennial series, and the Godzilla and Kiryu/Mechagodzilla suits might be some of my favorites of all time; pretty awesome how nimble the Mecha suit seems for how bulky it is. On top of which, these might be best building models ever in the franchise. This is absolutely "Pacific Rim" in the Godzillaverse and actually avoids some of the mistakes "Pac Rim" made, starting with a focus on one action lead and keeping the story about her trials and successes. This makes her more interesting than Raleigh Beckett and Mako Mori all day, every day. Hell, her arc is probably more interesting than Rey's from "The Force Awakens."
½ June 1, 2016
One of the best plus it's the only mecha godzilla movie where it's just godzilla and Mechagodzilla without any other monsters interrupting the fight like no king ceasar no Mothra and no rodan
½ March 29, 2016
This is the 26th part to the japanes Godzilla series. It is better then most of the Godzilla movie made before it. The 25th part to the japanes Godzilla series Godzilla Mothra and King Ghildarh giant monsters all out attack is one of the very few Godzilla movie that is better. This is a great film see it.
½ February 6, 2016
The people of Japan stubbornly persist in binging back Mechagodzilla in hopes that THIS time they'll finally beat Godzilla with their robot version of the King of all Monsters. Actually, this film was part of the Millennium Godzilla series that ignored all prior Godzilla films, creating it's own new continuity. This film has just about everything you'd want in a Godzilla film; good special effect and lot of guys-in-rubber-suits destroying miniature versions of Tokyo. Fine art it is not, but highly entertaining, it certainly is.
½ December 30, 2015
So I guess this is supposed to be another sequel to the original Godzilla that completely disregards all other Godzilla movies, but not the only non-Godzilla kaiju movies. *sigh* Whatever.
½ August 24, 2015
it is one kickass movie
½ April 23, 2015
Basically its Pacific Rim on a much lower budget. This movie which chooses to again pointlessly reboot Godzilla rather than being a sequel to any of the earlier 2000s Godzilla movies has an interesting new story for Mechagodzilla and a decent monster fight to end it but 26 movies into the series you've seen it all before and the installment lacks anything new to justify making yet another one
½ September 18, 2014
I've yet to actually watch a Mechagodzilla movie that I truly enjoyed! I tend to find the movies with Mechagodzilla are much more action orientated than other films in the franchise and as a fan of Sci-Fi and horror the OTT action elements of the film bore me after a short while! Admittedly its nice to see the franchise have such an emphasis on female leads!
September 15, 2014
Better music, acting, characters, and cinematography than you get in most movies like this. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
½ August 9, 2014
Aside from having NO continuity with the last few films, Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is another great Godzilla movie with good monster fights and a pretty interesting story.
July 31, 2014
This is a powerhouse. The special effects are too notch, the fight scenes are greater and the movie will just suck you in. It's a prequel to Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. and to where yes, it's better than this, this is still excellent. I like this one. A lot.
June 8, 2014
good fun godzilla movie I even like the human story