Godzilla, King of the Monsters! Reviews

• 5d ago

Dumb...lazy writing and just....dumb. All dressed up and wrapped around semi-decent CGI. If you are looking for a moralistic lecture on "human beings as the disease of the planet" coupled to an incoherent kaiju plot populated with inconsistent and unrealistic human characters....this one is for you.

• Aug 02, 2019

Whilst boasting most of the same footage and scenes from the original 1954 Classic, King Of The Monsters offers up a different perspective on the monumental event that changed the Sci Fi Giant Monster genre forever for western audiences.

• Jun 07, 2019

Love the original US release version from 1956.

Love the original US release version from 1956.

• Jun 02, 2019

This beatifully rendered version of the original version of Gojira proves that it can transpire from a different ethnicity to another

• May 25, 2019

This lame Americanized version of the film that already existed is so lazy that they couldn't even bother to full-on remake the original Japanese film, which honestly would make more sense.

• Oct 25, 2018

This version of the original Godzilla comes out from the cutting room floor looking like your standard 50's monster flick and most importantly it loses it's message (And 40 minutes of movie) Not a good movie overall

• Jul 17, 2018

I was a bit disappointed, but that does not mean the movie is not good! It's a very good movie, with a good horror (for that time), good special effects (for that time too), good story (that ties you to the movie all the time). What made me a bit disappointed was the fact that I had saw the American version of 2014 before watching this one. Nevertheless I highly recommend it.

• May 15, 2018

2/5. The miniatures and the Godzilla attacks are awesome, but most of this movie is really boring.

• Jan 22, 2018

I am giving 4.5 stars to the 1954 original Japanese version.

I am giving 4.5 stars to the 1954 original Japanese version.

• Aug 20, 2017

I thought this was a little depressing - my first Godzilla movie that I watched and THIS was what it was? Look I get the plot and all but I didn't know that it was going to have depressing moments! Jeez, not even War of the Worlds was like this and not even close either. Maybe I'll grow to like the other ones more, this one wasn't what I expected. At least I only paid a dollar for it.