Godzilla Vs Hedorah (Gojira tai HedorÔ) (Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Vs Hedorah (Gojira tai HedorÔ) (Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster) Reviews

½ February 1, 2017
One of the better Godzilla movies, Godzilla vs Hedorah is an interesting film more about a environmentalist message than a full on godzilla film.But Hedorah is actually a pretty cool monster, and the fight between him and Godzilla is great. Even though it may be campy, this is still a pretty good Godzilla film!
October 26, 2016
"It's my Kaiju, baby, and it FREAKS ME OUT, YEAH!"
September 25, 2016
This movie is really weird and it's probably the closest any Godzilla movie had ever gotten to being an art house. But it's still a fun watch.
September 17, 2016
This time around, Godzilla finds himself confronting a smog monster immune to it' atomic breath. It is much better than both it's predecessor and succesor. It has thought-provoking themes, about the impossible things that can happen if pollution gets out of control. It is one of the darkest Godzilla movies. But ultimately delivers a stable plot and tons of entertainment and action.
August 6, 2016
Where to start here?! If you ever wanted to know what an art house Godzilla movie would look like, well this is it. I've gone back and forth so much this this thing I don't know if I love it the sheer non-sense or hate it with a white hot passion. There is a lot of unusual, original, and creative stuff going on here. With the visuals being the tripiest I've ever seen in a monster movie.

Of course this causes some backlash. It was so poorly received by the higher ups at Toho, that the young director, which this was his first movie, was never allowed to direct again. A bit too harsh? Absolutely, but the poor outlook makes any future projects very "suspect" if that's the right word.

If you're are a fan of psychedelic drug films, giant monsters, or just bizarre "art" type movies, I say give this one a watch and judge for yourself.
½ June 24, 2016
Good but grossest Godzilla movie ever and probably one of grossest movies ever!
½ March 28, 2016
This is the 11th Godzilla movie. And it is better then most of the Godzilla movie made before it. The 8th Godzilla movie Son of Godzilla is one of very few Godzilla movies that is better. This a 70's monster movie classic. It is one the best 70's scenes fiction movie. See it.
½ January 14, 2016
One of the best monster movies.
August 24, 2015
great godzilla movie
½ August 5, 2015
I do not know how this movie has 64%. It comes very close to the worst in my opinion but the one before this is even worse!
January 1, 2015
Godzilla is back with a message that stands out today
½ October 8, 2014
best movie its awsome
August 7, 2014
I think Godzilla flying makes this movie worth viewing.
July 31, 2014
Well it's original. A little too original. It's got a great, great plot and the overall effect works but theirs some weird parts to it. Very weird. Godzilla flys. He freaking flies. But nonetheless it's am underrated movie and deserves more credit.
½ July 21, 2014
this is one of the most bizarre films ive ever seen. the film fits the 70s quite well and has alot of themes that were highly popular at the time incorporated into it. the weirdness is probably the main reason i gave this film such a low score its not for the mainstream audience and aside from its style and ambition theres nothing else to set it apart from being your standard godzilla film. you got great monster battles and the camp factor that makes the showa era great but unlike your average godzilla movie i wouldn't recommend this unless your into the phycodellic 70s culture or godzilla.
½ July 20, 2014
A great cheesy monster movie!
½ July 15, 2014
a really odd movie but really fun and I like the moral of the story
½ June 28, 2014
It's experimental weirdness may scare some fans away, but if you just let the weirdness wash over you, you're in for one hell of a surrealist clusterfuck.
June 24, 2014
i own it its awesome because i'm a Godzilla geek