Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero Reviews

April 14, 2014
Fun and highly entertaining
½ April 5, 2014
Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero(1965)
Starring:Nick Adams
My review
Not so good.
November 26, 2013
A great introduction to Godzilla's ultimate foe King Ghidorah. Though it isn't the best of the Showa series its still a great film that is worth watching.
½ February 14, 2013
A very interesting Godzilla flick giving back ghidorah and rodan with all previous monsters. Not as fresh but the sci fi effects, complex plot, memorable fight scenes and a good performance by Nick Adams makes up for it. There's some pretty good plot points too. 7.1/10
½ January 31, 2013
A pair of astronauts encounter an alien civilization while exploring the unknown Planet X. The Xians request their aid in fending off Monster Zero, known on Earth as King Ghidorah, and ask to borrow Earth's mightiest monsters in order to defeat him. After constructing a plan, Godzilla and Rodan are shipped off to Planet X, but something nefarious is at foot... In truth, the Xians plan to control the monsters using magnetic waves in an effort to conquer the planet, and it will take all of Earth's forces to stop them! This sixth film in the Godzilla series introduces more science fiction elements than ever before in a space-opera of epic proportions. American actor Nick Adams would co-star as Astronaut Glenn Amer in Toho's continuing effort to reach a widening audience over seas. Adams is joined by Akira Takarada, and together they make an enjoyable team on screen. Once the monsters return to Earth under the control of the Xians, the destruction and carnage is unmatched as they obliterate more of Eiji Tsuburaya's finely-made models. In a moment that fans are unlikely to forget (or forgive), Godzilla performs a child-like victory dance after he and Rodan first defeat Ghidorah while on the surface of Planet X. INVASION OF THE ASTRO-MONSTER is another excellent sequel and an important stepping stone in the evolution of the Godzilla series.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
November 21, 2012
Super Cool, Super Fun! One of the best of the early Godzilla movies made.
½ November 18, 2012
One of the best Godzilla flms. Very fun.
½ November 11, 2012
They were right for bringing a monster as cool as King Ghidorah back, but, unfortunately, the movie is so overcrowded with subplots that the monsters, including Godzilla, get very little screen time.
November 8, 2012
this is my favorite film from the godzilla series. it has the one thing that im a sucker for, science fiction. i thought the idea was clever and they really took this film as good as possible. but my all time favorite scene was godzilla dancing, that was my all time favorite scene. its a great film, lots of sci fi, and thats what makes it the best, what a great monster flick. A+
½ November 7, 2012
An all-out monster-alien war--An alien invasion, three giant monsters and a great movie!!
October 25, 2012
While I am grateful Godzilla is not fighting a giant moth or a monster crawfish, the UFO scenes are so bad, so hard to watch that it just becomes torture. A 3 headed dragon is pretty cool. But Gidorah is not in the film as much as he should be, and instead, we get a lot of the cheesy UFO plot to deal with. I'd like some kaiju (Monsters) in my kaiju films, please.
October 14, 2012
If I'm engaged in the actual plot of the film and not merely relying on the monster fights to keep me interested then I know it's a good one. This film did just that. It was incredibly silly yet touching at the same time. Some nice science fiction elements ( a la, Star Trek) and then of course the great tag team of Godzilla and Rodan defeating King Gidorah. What more could you ask for?
October 13, 2012
Overall not as good as some other films that King Ghid- I'm sorry, Monster Zero has appeared in. But the star trek meets Godzilla approach is one of the most unique takes in the entire series. Plus, Godzilla's dance is one of the most epic things EVAR!
½ September 15, 2012
It's 100% Foreign Cheese.
September 11, 2012
Astronaut Glenn: I've got big news for you, pal!
A very.... Interesting movie. Godzilla is at it again and fighting a monster literally out of this word. The movie is literally hilarious to people who love to laugh at these Japanese monster films. Not too much to say other than the story line is well made for one of these monster movies. And that it is enjoyable in my opinion.
August 25, 2012
A killer intro for King Ghidrah into the Godzilla series.
July 10, 2012
I love Nick Adams' scene where he confronts his girlfriend from Planet X. "We're going to defend Earth to the last man, baby!" Interesting movie connection: Yoshio Tsuchiya, the Controller of Planet X, played the scaredy-cat farmer Rickichi in Seven Samurai.
½ May 9, 2012
The sci-fi is amped up more than previous entries, resulting in one of the more interesting entries in the Godzilla franchise and more enjoyable than the previous entry "Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster". The film features American actor Nick Adams, playing a tough American astronaut named Glenn. Nick Adams gives a decent performance and adds a certain amount of flare to the film. The monster fighting is sporadic and rather short, but the human characters and the deliberately campy "Star Trek"-like plot makes the whole film worthwhile. The people of Planet X, for as goofy looking as they are, make for very good and memorable villains. This movie also introduced the idea of people taking control of monsters and using them for villainous purposes, a plot device that will be re-hashed many times in the Godzilla franchise. The english dubbing is also rather good in this movie when compared to other Godzilla dubs. Plus seeing Godzilla do a goofy dance after defeating King Ghidorah is just icing on the cheesy but enjoyable B-movie cake.
½ May 2, 2012
Starts out as an interesting Godzilla sci-fi film but it drags a little.