Godzilla's Revenge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla's Revenge Reviews

½ May 20, 2017
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING! This is the worst GODZILLA movie of all time and I can't even give this movie 0 stars because the system will not let me so I am rating this 1/2 star
½ November 29, 2016
I'm in no way an expert on Godzilla films (I've seen maybe a dozen between all the eras) so I don't have a lot to base my opinion on, but this was very enjoyable. This is probably the best Godzilla film I've seen from the 1960s. The action all takes place in a daydreaming child's mind. Godzilla looks very different from itself in several scenes throughout the movie b/c the battles were apparently taken from previous films.
½ September 23, 2016
As a kid, I loved this movie just for the fact that Godzilla was in it battling other monsters. I didn't care for the story; I just wanted to see giant monsters wrecking havoc. However, as I've grown up over the years I've come to realize that this is by far the worst Godzilla movie ever made!!!
Most of Godzilla's screen time is stock footage from previous movies and his son Minilla speaks with the leading child, Ichiro, like a Sesame Street muppet.
This movie is obviously targeted toward young kids and is more family friendly than many of Godzilla's other films. It is all about finding your courage and it uses Godzilla to symbolize it. It's true, you should always stand up to your enemies when you have to, but violence isn't always the answer.
August 2, 2016
The general public wouldn't know a good film if it bit them. This is a totally enjoyable movie with everything you need.
½ March 28, 2016
This movie is very disappointing movie. This is the 10th Godzilla movie. The first 9 Godzilla movie are awesome. And this one is just stinky. The 11th Godzilla movie Godzilla vs The smog monster is great movie. That is a great movie see that one. Do not bother with this one. The led character is a little japanes boy. Who is a Godzilla fan. And he pretends that he goes to monster Island and makes friends with Godzilla and his son. Oh pooh. You can skip this movie Do not bother with it.
½ January 2, 2016
This is the silly Godzilla film where a bullied little schoolboy dreams of going to Monster Island where he befriends Godzilla's son, who also has troubles with bullies and help out the boy. Do you remember that Chuck Norris movie "Sidekicks" where a bullied boy imagines that he's friends with Chuck Norris to help him with his real-life problems? This movie is kind of the same things but with Godzilla instead of Chuck. This film resumes lots of footage from previous Godzilla films, but this film does features lots of monster fights, so it does have a fair amount of entertainment value if that's your sort of thing.
August 5, 2015
I will sum this up in 4 words: Worst Godzilla movie ever!
November 11, 2014
Objectively, it should probably be a 0, but if you watch it with the right buddies in the right frame of mind it's just too much fun. So many bewildering choices.
½ October 25, 2014
Again.. wtf were they thinking?
½ October 8, 2014
A very silly entry in a very silly series, made worse by the liberal use of stock footage. Too bad it is mostly unfunny.
August 7, 2014
Not as bad as I remember it a few years ago. However, it's still not good...
½ July 31, 2014
This is by far the worst Godzilla movie ever made. It's either stick footage or something ridiculous. There is not one redeeming thing about it.
July 23, 2014
Ugh.

That's kind of all I got.
July 16, 2014
This is the only Japanese Godzilla film I don't like. I like cheesy Godzilla movies, but this one just goes over bored. Not to mention, way too much stock footage!
June 28, 2014
A complete disgrace. Not just the worst of the Godzilla movies, but one of the worst movies ever made.
½ June 22, 2014
with the biggest camp, crapiest of characters, nonsensacal plot even for a godzilla movie, and lacking the grand scale that mediocre godzilla filns luke gmk had as a push. Godzillas revenge is the worst of the series. but what sets it apart from the other bad movies is the monsters. even then theyre riddled with stock footage. so watch the other godzilla movies if you wanna see this one 99% of this film came from them anyways.
½ June 20, 2014
The film has a PhD in Stupid!
June 10, 2014
As I own this film on the Godzilla Collection, I had to watch it to finish off the boxset, and so like usual, watched the Japanese Film. Before watching it, I was aware of it being hated by many of the fans and the reasons why, but to be honest, as bad as it is, I still enjoyed parts of this film. Yeah it reuses entire scenes from the previous, has bland characters and MINILLA TALKS (though doesn't sound too bad in Japanese), there are some entertaining scenes and I particularly enjoyed the scenes with the Kidnappers which are pretty funny. It's a pretty terrible film and though it's fun to see Minilla have the crap beaten out of him, it's enjoyable for the fight scenes in case you have not seen films like "Ebirah, Horror from the Deep" and "King Kong vs Godzilla" as the fight scenes from that film are used.
June 10, 2014

It's a pretty terrible film and though it's fun to see Minilla have the crap beaten out of him, it's enjoyable for the fight scenes in case you have not seen films like "Ebirah, Horror from the Deep" and "King Kong vs Godzilla" as the fight scenes from that film are used. (And they are edited in pretty good too, the Night Time battle in Ebirah has been edited to look like day time in this one.)