Golden Exits Reviews

• Jan 25, 2019

The film was shot in 15 days. It felt like it took that long to watch it. The character development had potential, but it was a paradise lost. The New York setting could have been utilyzed to it's benefit, but it was nowhere to be found. I kept hanging on for some plot development. It went down like a leak in an ignored tire... very slowly. I've rated movies this poorly due to gratuitous sex. That would have improved this loser.

• Oct 28, 2018

Boring and too artsy for its own good. Golden Exists has a terrible plot and a worse script.

• Sep 21, 2018

Not a bad watch, despite nothing much happening. Classic indie filmmaking.

Not a bad watch, despite nothing much happening. Classic indie filmmaking.

• Aug 26, 2018

There are some movies that are so bad that they become fascinating to watch just to see how bad they can be. This movie isn't bad. It isn't much of anything. However, it does take the feeling of boredom to levels at which it becomes inverted. The boredom that this movie generates becomes an end in itself. Don't expect to learn anything or feel anything with this movie. it just exists and that is about all I can say about it.

• Aug 13, 2018

It's just like noon soap opera

It's just like noon soap opera

• Mar 04, 2018

loved the cinematography and the way it was shot. the story and dialogue felt artsy fartsy and flew way over my head though.

• Feb 24, 2018

How is Alex Ross Perry this good?

How is Alex Ross Perry this good?

• Feb 19, 2018

Inane "troubled" New Yorkers--who ARE these people? Boring and trite.

Inane "troubled" New Yorkers--who ARE these people? Boring and trite.

• Feb 18, 2018

I love good dialogue drama, but this is why so many people avoid it. It's a boring contemplation of navels, by people without a life compass or any idea what fulfillment is. Though one character surprisingly gets his stuff together, overall it's not a spoiler to say that the last line of the movie is a fitting epitaph for the rest of them--"Is that all there is?"

• Feb 17, 2018

There was so much potential here for an absorbing character driven piece. The acting is good, but the film never fully delivers on its promise. The interesting idea, sadly becomes dull.