Golden Gate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Golden Gate Reviews

March 20, 2017
Matt Dillon in trench, yes please.
½ June 6, 2015
Sincere but ponderous meditation on race relations from the day of communist witch hunts through the 60s to today, set primarily around San Francisco Chinatown. Matt Dillon plays an FBI agent who railroads an innocent Chinese American during the House Un-American Activities Committee. Years later, he encounters the man's daughter and attempts to make amends and the daughter, played by the woefully underused Joan Chen, comes to grips with her place in America as a Chinese American. While the film is filled with some thoughtful observations and is certainly a smart film, it unfortunately forgot to be interesting or entertaining. I had to criticize a film for being too smart, but even smart films need to be interesting. The film is elegantly directed by John Madden, who brings an engaging visual style to the film and the score by Elliot Goldenthal is of particular note, Goldenthal's score is my favorite of of his many fine scores and one of my favorite contemporary scores.
September 5, 2008
soree this on is a mistake i jus dont know how to remove it lol
½ June 18, 2008
I think this was a wonderful movie. it is sad but also has some valid points to it. it is worth watching