Golden Swallow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Golden Swallow Reviews

November 28, 2014
1968 sequel to COME DRINK WITH ME, also starring Cheng Pei Pei
January 6, 2012
While this was no great flick, my growing interest in Asian films made this a worth while watch. Made in the late 80's it had clear influence from American music videos and perhaps Conan the Barbarian. The humor and tone of the film reminded me of The Princess Bride. I think the best part was the the actress who played the young heroine (a.k.a. demon vampire) appears in the more recent Crouching Tiger . . as Jade Fox. Neat to see her as the love interest here.
½ April 13, 2010
A surprisingly solid rip off of Chinese Ghost Story. O Sing Pui won't be remembered as the best HK director ever but he was definitely efficient.
August 6, 2009
A fine Hong Kong fantasic action film based on a Chinese folktale. The story itself is not original, but Peter Chan (who later directs a masterpiece "Tian Mi Mi")'s script has some impressive lines. Costume design and wire-works are worth seeing. The heroin Cherie Chung in colorful silky dresses is gorgeous and elegant. Comical performance by Eric Tsang and Richard Ng makes this film not ordinary. Recommendable for those who love Chinese Ghost Story series and Tsui Hark's Butterfly Lovers.
January 1, 2009
Another copycat following the success off [A Chinese Ghost Story]. Nice arts though.