GoldenEye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

GoldenEye Reviews

½ April 28, 2016
Great movie. Top 5 bond movie.
April 28, 2016
Pierce is great as Bond.
April 25, 2016
Solid first entry by Brosnan, and arguably his best as Bond.
April 17, 2016
While Bronson play a very slick Bond, he has none of the old Bond's charm or charisma. The action is very good. However, the story is pretty weak with a pretty weak villain. There was no build up for the villain so there was no emotional attachment to him.
jamrcla
½ April 16, 2016
Pierce Brosnan brings Bond back in an up to date (ish) version and most of the film pays off, It's got a good cast, Some good solid 90's action, An easy but predictable plot that we could all see the twists coming from a mile away, Brilliant stunts but the silly one liners totally ruined it for me as there's so many I lost interest in its main scenes, It's one of the better Bond films Just too much humour for me and it's not that realistic but most films from the 90's are the same.
March 25, 2016
Brosnan's first and best outing as 007, this is another one that has classic Bond written all over it. Also, James Bond in a tank.
March 21, 2016
Absolutely ridiculous yet very entertaining, Goldeneye is a character-driven and action-packed Bond film. It's really good fun.
½ March 20, 2016
Very cool Bond movie! The fight scene at the end is awesome
March 13, 2016
One of the great serious Bonds, with great action that flows.
½ February 29, 2016
My favorite bond film!
February 22, 2016
Goldeneye is one of the most iconic JB movies, and definitely one of my favourites. This movie made me like Pierce Brosnan even in the following not so good movies, and it gave us the best Videogame ever!
½ February 12, 2016
I tried, I can't get with it.
½ February 9, 2016
Martin Campbell brought us Casino Royal about 10 years after this movie. Did he like tortured or something over that period of time? This Bond is pure fun. Its got the one liners, its got crazy over the top action sequences, and its got one of the most funniest villain deaths in film history! Pierce Brosnan's bond brought charm to the table not much more, I really think its the direction that made the movie great, considering Pierce lost all of his charm in the next 3 snooze fests.
½ February 8, 2016
Keeping an Eye on the Double-Oh tropes that kept Bond so endearing for over 30 years, Pierce Brosnan's debut relishes a Golden opportunity to roll the charisma of Connery, the suaveness of Moore, and the cheekiness of both into one jolly good high-tech adventure. Updating the superspy for the '90s but keeping him rascally, GoldenEye remains Brosnan's best Bond outing and one of the series' best overall. The film earns extra points for marking Judi Dench's first foray as M, beginning the tenure of one of the series best and most inspired
casting choices.

In this PG-13-rated spy thriller, James Bond (Brosnan) teams up with the lone survivor (Izabella Scorupco) of a destroyed Russian research center to stop the hijacking of a nuclear space weapon by a fellow agent (Bean) formerly believed to be dead.

Stylish and silly in one fell swoop, the film succeeds based chiefly on the winning choice of lead but the action-packed story packs a punch all of its own. Making 006 the villain makes for some ace intrigue. The casting of Bean, however, is an intriguing notion all of its own. It takes a strong actor such as this to play off of Brosnan, who makes the part his own by ironically not throwing out previous Bonds with the bath water. Firing on all cylinders with this, his very fun debut outing, it's a pity that the follow-ups lower themselves to becoming so formulaic. Still, the opening scene that finds Bong bungee-cording off of a ridiculously high dam takes a hold on your interest that rarely lets go save for a semi-climatic finale that doesn't come close to matching the gleeful thrills that result from the pre-credits sequence.

Bottom line: Remington Zeal
½ February 7, 2016
Daft, retro, shallow and wholly implausible mess in a sharp 1990s suit. The sort of film they really couldn't keep making after Austin Powers came out.

The immense potential of Sean Bean as Bond's evil twin is mostly wasted, but the film's made watchable by absolutely superb camerawork, Famke Janssen's outrageous vamping as one of the series' most watchable villainesses, and Pierce Brosnan making Bond the paragon of slickness (though he communicates entirely in one-liners).
½ February 5, 2016
A very rewatchable, fun, and surprisingly complex Bond movie.
February 4, 2016
it was mavelous,the sound track and the sound effects, not bad
½ January 13, 2016
One of the better Bond movies.
½ December 28, 2015
Although not the most exhilarating Bond movie, GoldenEye introduces the brilliant Pierce Brosnan to the role, and has some top-notch action too.
December 27, 2015
The best Bond movie their ever was.