Gomez & Tavarès (Payoff) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gomez & Tavarès (Payoff) Reviews

March 6, 2012
Un film policier soi-disant muscle comme on sait bien les louper en France. Jamais interessant, realise avec les pieds et surtout, dote d'une interpretation scandaleuse de la part des acteurs principaux (seul ETIENNE CHICOT surnage), GOMEZ ET TAVARES est une catastrophe industrielle.
July 17, 2011
Very nice action comedy movie about two cops in Marseille who do not really care about laws and rules. It is hilarious, has a few twists and is entertaining. And you also can see a beautiful Madame Lenoir :). Merci !
½ July 18, 2010
à regarder en coupant le son pour juste regarder les belles voitures. le reste ............
½ April 25, 2010
Franchement pas trop mal, je m'attendais vraiment à pire pour un film français et en plus à Marseille...
½ November 29, 2009
Nice action/comedy buddy cop film, with the twist being that both the cops are a little crooked (but still the heroes), making it that much more interesting and entertaining.
½ April 7, 2009
Pretty funny!

The story of those 2 cops, with veeery different methods, who meet and have to work together for a new inquiry.
The black cop (played by Stomy Bugsy, a famous french rapper, -and now also actor-, that I met when we shot a clip of him, 2 years ago; very nice dude) is a bit more honest (if I remember well) when the white one (played by the humorist Titoff) is a total bent copper.

A lot of good gags, a love story between the white cop and the sister of the black one (played by the model Noémie Lenoir), and a pretty interesting inquiry make it be a pretty good action-comedy.
Thanks also to the regretted Jean Yanne, a veeery famous actor and humorist dead a short time after, who plays Tavarès's uncle, with who he lives.

At the base of the story, the name come from a duo of rappers, named Gomez et Dubois (and not Tavarès). The script is inspired by one of their songs, about bent coppers, that we heard so many times on radios some times before the movie.

There have been a sequel (Gomez vs Tavarès) in 2007, missing here, but I didn't see it anyways.
February 13, 2008
Just one more comedy/action French movie that could be better if it were not so long.
November 18, 2007
Finalement, ca se regarde...
½ November 15, 2007
Film léger mais sympa. Yo, les ripoux sont à Marseille, yo, yo !!
½ March 1, 2007