Gone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gone Reviews

½ August 11, 2015
There isn't much too this. Kept me interested for the most part with the doubt around Jill's sanity which turns out she isn't ssh crazy. The climax of the film just falls flat on its face even with all the build up.
July 27, 2015
Ok Hollywood, I don't get how you can keep doing this? You take an actor or actress, throw them in a movie, make the story somewhat decent, make the acting good, and keep the drama high the entire time, only to blow it in the last 2 minutes, and this movie unfortunately is no exception. Amanda Seyfried plays Jill, a girl who was abducted by a madman but was able to escape, only to have everyone not believe her that the man even exists. One year later, her sister is abducted (who she believe is by the same man) and when she goes to tell the police about it, they still don't believe that he exists. The rest of the movie is pretty much Jill trying to find clues as to her sister are her abductor's whereabouts. The story gets you thinking, is it all in Jill's head, or is the man actually real. When the ending finally comes, this whole mystery is solved in about 1 minute and the last sentence Jill speaks is just ridiculous. How this movie got from point A to point B is beyond me, but for 87 of 90 minutes this was very good. So a good movie + a horrible ending = RECOMMENDED if you leave at the 86 minute mark.
May 23, 2015
Mostly for Amanda Seyfried's believable performance, but she needs a better agent because she deserves a better movie.
½ April 12, 2015
it could have been better, if there were more of the story of the killer, plot was kind of loose but the overall story line was quite interesting..
April 4, 2015
Imagine Taken without the action. So, this really has nothing interesting in it and nothing explained, making it just confusing to watch and a terrible payoff at the end.
February 1, 2015
Good movie but very sudden ending.
January 25, 2015
I like the fresh ideas in themovie. It is a semi-realistic story that holds well when we play along. It could have been made more believable, but the actors made it feel real even with some facts a bit off reality. Then again, I have lived adventures pretty unbelievable. Basically, the story is a tenuous thread, a very long shot, a bit like a difficult climb on a rocky face. We look at it and think, is this possible to go through this route, where you must let go of the rope and traverse a few technical passes where luck must be with you? It was a thrill to watch, even though, like a climb, we were pretty sure the heroine would make it. But what about the sister? And I was even having fun calculating the odds of each event to be happening in real life.
½ December 29, 2014
Oh my God, that was boring! Gone is one of the worst films of the year. It's slow, poorly acted, long, stupid, and IT'S SO BORING!!!!!!
December 2, 2014
Glad i didn't listen to the critics-this movie was great.
½ November 29, 2014
Competent, fast paced, and held together by Amanda Seyfried's performance, Gone's psychological questioning keeps you guessing, though it builds to a slightly underwhelming climax and ultimately might be seen as only adequate in its final state.
September 29, 2014
Most of those stars are cause Amanda is fit.
½ September 3, 2014
For a thriller with a derivative plotline, this was decent. Seyfried is stoic and single-minded in her portrayal of a young lady determined to find her sister and prove she is not crazy. Jill is not the brightest character, but she has gumption and a spark of willfulness that plays well. And she looks good in silhouette in the opening shower scene.
August 23, 2014
It does has an intelligent way on creating thrills by its deviated premise and dark lighting during the climax, but the attempts were under the blandness at the same time while some of the writing need some improvements.

"Gone," starring Amanda Seyfried, isn't quite gone but did left a few prints to the enjoyment of being thrilled. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ July 2, 2014
Aunque la idea suene interesantesolo fracasa al querer convertirse en una cinta de acción y drama
½ June 29, 2014
Jill Parrish comes home from a night shift to discover her sister Molly has been abducted. Jill, having escaped from a kidnapping a year before, is convinced that the same serial killer has come back and taken Molly. Since the killer leaves no trace, the police don't have any evidence and can't help her. Afraid that Molly will be dead by sunrise, Jill sets out alone on a nail-biting chase to come face-to-face with the killer. Will she have enough time to find and outwit him, expose his secrets and save her sister?
½ June 12, 2014
the cast were wonderful, but...
½ June 2, 2014
Its simply terrible. Please stop casting Amanda Seyfried.
½ May 14, 2014
The concept is strong but the execution is abysmal.
April 25, 2014
Amazing movie!! One of my favourites