Gone Fishin' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gone Fishin' Reviews

½ May 25, 2016
The professional reviews of this movie sound like they were made by snooty city slickers who have never been fishing in their lives like poorer people do. This movie was a light hearted trip to Florida and enjoyable by those who have had "less than good luck" on a long planned vacation. 4.5 stars
April 26, 2016
Two friends go on a fishing trip and don't find one laugh along the way.
½ April 26, 2016
Two men go on a fishing trip and everything that can go wrong does. Why? Because if nothing went wrong then it'd be a pointless trip. Okay, so it's still pointless.
April 2, 2016
A mix between Dumb And Dumber and something worse, but it's quite funny.
November 15, 2015
A few fun bits of slapstick can't salvage this underwritten and lax buddy comedy. Pesci and Glover are charismatic enough, but their characters are so dumb it's difficult to root for them and any sort of development is non-existent, mainly because of how thin the main plot is.
½ October 2, 2015
No plot,no laughs,no..well..anything really..
June 8, 2015
This movie is truly funny. The dialogue alone will have you cracking up. Great performances by all the cast. Ignore the critics.
May 13, 2015
Earnest but thoroughly dopey. 2 idiots go fishing and get wrapped up in Shenanigans; the end.
½ May 8, 2015
Love these two actors but not in this formulaic unfunny buddy comedy.
December 27, 2014
I don't care what these other critics say. This movie still is funny.
December 4, 2014
This film was terrible, and not because it's a nice light hearted comedy because I love them (grumpy old men type film) but this film tried too hard particularly with character development relationship and things along those lines that makes you cringe through this film.
½ October 5, 2014
Gone Fishin' sees Glover and Peschi join forces once again. Two old friends who go on an annual fishing trip and this time they go to the Ever Glades in Florida. Wherever they go disaster occurs and this is nothing different. Very slow at the start and not the best of films although you do get some laughs
½ September 18, 2014
This film is mildly amusing and is only funny when you wonder why you are watching it in the first place and can't think of a reason.
½ September 6, 2014
Though the film has its few funny moments, Gone Fishin' unfortunately suffers from a disastrous script and the wasted talent of the leading cast.
August 22, 2014
If you are looking for a quality and intriguing plot, this isn't where you will find it but it made me laugh real good
May 31, 2014
Joe Pesci does ok, but the rest of the film stunk. Ages 7+
May 5, 2014
This movie is one of the more annoying stupidest things I have ever seen....definitely Pecis worst movie. ...just annoying as hell and really really pointless. ...This is the lowest of lows for a buddy comedy.
April 2, 2014
This movie has improved with time. We have bought 4 copies of the movie and college friends of my son have repeatedly "borrowed" them. Its a movie to watch when you want to relax and laugh. Like Mel Brooks, its just funny with no sex or bad language. No, its not a great comedy like Mad Mad World, but its fun.
March 11, 2014
this movie is hysterical I laughed until I cried
½ February 3, 2014
What a sloppy, unfunny mess this movie is. GONE FISHIN' is a terrible waste of two great talents- the entire film depends on Joe Pesci and Danny Glover being funny- and it gives them no material to even attempt to be funny.