Good Boy Reviews

• Apr 25, 2009

Second Round. I rate this film higher than some of the other reviewers. I like the movie a lot. Dario Grandinetti is my favorite new movie idol. I have been watching all his movies. He is such a powerful presence. He speaks such forceful grammatical good Spanish!! I am surprised he is not a greater star than he is. this is a small interesting drama. The dialogue is good and makes the film work and seem real. Its a good story Good ending. So much better than the American heist or bank robbery films. I wish he had made the color balance higher in the movie. It is kind of bleak and dark. I am sure that was intentional. You can read about the plot more in some other reviews but I like the path this film took with the Bank Robber Vidal and the young Boxer Angel. Its not what you think. I wont do a spoiler here. anyway if you like Spain , Madrid, and Spanish movies (and Dario Grandinetti!!) Watch this film. three or four stars. I click on four.!

• Dec 26, 2008

:fresh: :fresh: :fresh: (out of four) [color=orange][/color] [color=yellow]This well-worn and fairly predicatable tale about a young boxer in Milan, is able to lift slightly above the typical mode simply due to its earnest performances and well paced direction.[/color] [color=#ffff00][/color] [color=#ffff00]Alex Gonzalez is the young boxer. Things aren't going as he would like so he gets caught up with a bank robber who recruits the young man to join him.[/color]