Good Dick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Good Dick Reviews

April 6, 2016
This little indie gem deserves far better than 51% rotten tomatoes score and the battering some critics have given it. Written, directed and starring Glasgow native Mariana Palka the film plays with our expectations of gender roles, giving us a unique romantic comedy but with the relationship it explores, for all its idiosyncrasy, feeling genuine and convincing.
September 8, 2015
A grudgingly heartwarming story about a man who is a well-meaning, obsessive stalker and a reclusive woman who was abused and is, in turn, abusive.
½ August 27, 2015
Alternately compelling and dramatically limp, the film scores points for exploring unfamiliar territory but lacks the emotional depth to make some very strange behavior believable.
July 18, 2015
Terrific performances from leads and entire ensemble. Love hurts, stinks, destroys and in this film ultimately provides salvation.
½ May 26, 2015
Aside from Palka's interesting concept, there is nothing about this film that feels even slightly real or believable. Jason Ritter is the only actual "life" to be found in this oddly flat movie.
March 27, 2015
Slow to start, but was worth sticking with.
Really good low budget movie about two damaged people. The two leads are great. Really very moving at the last scene where you start to understand what actually happened to that poor girl to make her the way she was.
½ February 9, 2015
So bad that it was hard to stay awake to see it all. I guess the acting between actors was pretty good, but the story was boring. I just wanted to find out what happened at the end so I could finish the movie and put something good on...
July 16, 2014
Points for an original plot
July 11, 2014
In short: not your average love story but it works... really well. The characters are quirky and imperfect but that's what makes it real. It stirs a delicate blend of comedy and tenderness together, without being melodramatic.
May 7, 2014
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
½ September 20, 2013
Unique, funny, and captivating.
June 27, 2013
A good movie about a dysfunctional relationship. The discomfort the audience might feel is intentional.
June 23, 2013
An awful movie - a waste of Ritter's talent. If this had meant to be a creepy exploration of the exploitation of women by men, then it might have been better - but they were playing it for laughs, and there is nothing funny about an already damaged woman being stalked by a homeless guy. Definitely not worth watching
½ March 12, 2013
February 21, 2013
THIS LOOKS SO AMAZING! It's an independent film but hopefully it will eventually get big views :)
½ February 2, 2013
Do not know why this movie is rated below average. It is not a landmark in cinematography but I believe it should be somewhat celebrated like Zach Braffs movies are when released. If you stick around for the whole movie you should be pleasently suprised at the writing, acting, and relationship you build with both characters who have a troubled young adult life but try to overcome it with eachother. This movie was acted, written, visioned, and directed by one person(Marianna Palka); and should be seen by the crowd who finds Mr. Braffs movies eloquent since given the similarities of their filmmaking.
January 29, 2013
Stupid movie that portrays depression as something you can just switch off at anytime. Could have been good but I found myself getting annoyed the longer it went on.
January 24, 2013
Great movie, actually not what you think it's about.
½ January 22, 2013
Reminded me a lot of of Punch Drunk Love and, while not as good, it really was distressing enough to make me enjoy it.
November 22, 2012
One of the best movies I've seen all year. Beautiful.