The Good Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Good Girl Reviews

½ June 23, 2017
When I look for reviews I'd much rather see the ratings of those who actually bought a ticket than those critics who are paid for theirs! As there is usually a big difference!
April 22, 2017
What a GOOD movie ... IF you can get past the first slow, depressing 20-minutes. The casting is spot on and the performances pitch perfect, especially Aniston. The script is so good it turns this film into an observationally scary movie with twists of consequences. The Aud Reviews are looking for "Friends." Nope, not this. And maybe that's just how good Aniston & Gylly really are ...
½ October 11, 2016
Sad, well-acted, but not amazing
½ September 3, 2016
A strange movie that is more depressing than anything. By the end of it I was confused. (First and only full viewing - 8/29/2016)
December 28, 2015
A dark comedy drama, with some good moments.
½ December 1, 2015
Despite kind of looking like a comedy on the outset, it's actually a pretty sobering depressing look at small town life, and the seemingly impossible task of ever trying to get out of your mundane life and do anything exciting, yet at the risk of losing what somewhat good life you already have, it's a very quiet film, none of the actors really go too over the top in their performances, there are still some funny moments despite the drama, mainly from nelson and deschanel, also the darkest thing prolly from writer mike white and director miguel arteta who usually do lighter stuff
½ November 20, 2015
A satisfyingly engrossing film however failed to reach the next level. Left me feeling depressed but in a strangely eye-opening way. The way in which it dealt with certain in issues, such as the infidelity, coercion into sex and suicide was appropriate. It signified that while these issues are ultimately negative it contributed effectively to story. The ending to me was unexpected, as it was fairly different to the other endings that most films do, but it did work and effectively contribute to the over all effectiveness of the story. The lack of vibrant colours and on-screen happiness reinforces the lackluster life Justine leads, which is definitely felt by the audience. Overall i think this is a good movie and tells the story of these two troubled outsiders well.
June 15, 2015
Solid acting and a solid script,Aniston's best performance.
½ May 9, 2015
It is so bitter that it hurts, but what hurts infinity worse is the reality at its core.
May 8, 2015
The Good Girl est une comédie extrêmement noire sur une caissière texane malheureusement dans son mariage avec un peintre en bâtiment, qui rencontre un jeune nouveau qui voue un culte à l'Attrape-Coeur. Le fait que ces trois personnages soient joués par Jennifer Aniston, John C. Reilly et Jake Gyllenhaal aide beaucoup Miguel Arteta, mais ce dernier se sert de son talent personnel pour provoquer la gêne et le rire dans des situations aussi pathétiques que celles des meilleurs Coen. Un peu trop bizarre par moments et vraiment très noir sur sa dernière demi-heure, The Good Girl est une belle surprise.
May 2, 2015
Despite a strong cast, It was a pretty depressing movie that lacked excitement.
March 22, 2015
I recommend it to all Breaking Bad fans!
March 15, 2015
One of Zooey Deschanel's most entertaining performances. Fans of Deschanel's roles in 500 Days of Summer and The New Girl will likely not agree.
March 12, 2015
I saw this on TV once, it's a fascinating film
March 5, 2015
Touching and captivating, this movie talks about the troubled love between Holden and Justine, well-played respectively by Jake Gyllenhaal and Jennifer Aniston.
February 1, 2015
Loved it. Dark humor, good acting, and an excellent cast.
January 24, 2015
What I got to say about "The Good Girl" is a good movie from the begin right to the end. The performances by the cast is really good. "Jennifer Aniston is outstanding also, Jake Gyllenhaal and herself both give exceptional performances." The directing by Miguel Arteta is really good. The screenplay by Mike White is well written. The cinematography and the score is good as well. "I'm raving that "The Good Girl" is dark dramedy, moving that is one of the best films of the year. A must see movie."
January 19, 2015
Aniston and Gyllenhaal give amazing performances as do all the supporting actors John C. Reilly, Zooey Deschanel, Tim Blake Nelson, and Deborah Rush. It's Aniston's best work and a close 2nd best for Gyllenhaal (Brokeback being his first). I also loved John Carroll Lynch as the boss. The writing is great and I wish this movie was more popular because it's fantastic
January 17, 2015
Jennifer Aniston is truly wonderful in this role where she plays a sad and hopeless wife. It was an experience seeing her in such a contrasting role to her happy-go-lucky role in Friends!

The movie is really absorbing, keeping the audience interested yet sad. We share in the ups and downs of the characters and truly get attached to them. ALL of them! Great writing and directing brings all this together and somehow changes us, as only a good movie can!